Thread: Blumotion 563H Question?

Blumotion 563H Question?

My buddy wants me to build pull out shelves in a cabinet. I have extra Blumotion 563H drawer slides. Now these slides leave a 9/16 reveal underneath the front of a drawer box and the FF. Now, I would like to cover up some of that reveal for the pull out shelves, thus hiding more of the slide.

The plan is to increase the underneath runner area depth from 1/2" to 7/8", or so. Question, will the slide still work properly? Is the 1/2 depth a min, or is it a max? The other option was to just make the front of the shelf taller.

What do you guys think?

Mark, I think if you increase the depth of the reveal you'll encounter issues at the sides of your shelf as there are a bunch of springs/gadgets for the soft close mechanism in the gap on the slide. Only way to know for sure is either to call Blum or measure your slides. At the front face increasing the depth should work as there is no mechanism there and you could bring the front face lower - just avoid the sides

You can increase the front overhang all you want, but the sides can only be slightly deeper than 1/2" underneath. Look at the slides and you'll see why.

John

I would build the drawer box to accommodate the slides and apply an inset door front to the box. Install the slides set back to accommodate the depth of the applied drawer front.

No problem putting a lip on the front of the shelf. When I do these, I include an "alignment cleat" that replaces the drawer side--and helps get the clips in the right position:

Blum 563H [1] 3-13-17.jpgBlum 563H [2] 3-13-17.jpg

I'm presuming a simple 3/4 shelf with nosing. If you want a pull-out with sides (essentially a shallow drawer box) then yes, you can increase the drop at the FRONT, but NO, you can't add much on the SIDES or you will rub on the hardware
    Last edited by Jerry Miner; 03-13-2017 at 5:10 PM.

Thanks guys. I hadn't really looked at sides of the slide. Of course, things have changed, different slides. However, this will help in the future, I'm sure.

They make covers