Thread: The Ultimate Definition of Intrusive Advertisements.

The Ultimate Definition of Intrusive Advertisements.

I listen to music at work on YouTube because most of the streaming services are blocked at the firewall for some reason.
    I get the need for some ads on a "free" service, but YouTube has worked in a new and totally intrusive way of inserting ads. Instead of an ad between songs, the ads now appear about 15-20 seconds before the end of a song! You will be just listening along when suddenly a jarring change in pattern as an ad comes blaring out of the headphones. (in typical fashion, the ads are always louder than the music)

I'd complain to YouTube but that would only prove to them that someone hears the ads.

Don't the advertisers realize that pizzing off the customer is not a good business model.

Anyone else see this phenomenon?
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Circo View Post
    I'd complain to YouTube but that would only prove to them that someone hears the ads.
    It might be more effective to tell the content owner why you can no longer listen to or recommend their music.

JKJ

I see it all the time .I watch movies or video's on Youtube and about a Min before the end these 2 big blocks of ad's popup right in the middle of the screen and I miss part of the show talk about a PITA. I think I'll write the advertisers and tell them I will never buy there product because of this and stop watch youtube
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Have you stopped using it? If not, then their belief that you will continue to use it is correct.
    They don't really care how angry you are, or how many emails you send, as long as you continue to use it.
    Last edited by Wade Lippman; 03-13-2017 at 9:45 PM.

Funny, I never see any of that. Of course, I'm using ad blockers so I never see any ads anyhow.

What I hate are the ads where you have to go to screen and hit play button. Sometimes more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Have you stopped using it? If not, then their belief that you will continue to us it is correct.
    They don't really care how angry you are, or how many emails you send, as long as you continue to use it.
    Wade makes a good point here, friends.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Surely your not complaining about a free service.
    Are You?

Youtube has been putting ads in videos for some time now. They are not a music streaming service so how do they know when each song in a posted video ends? I quit using Youtube for music because of this. Spotify is free and way better for music than Youtube. Spotify has ads also.

Blog Entries
    For me the best way to listen to music is through an iPod with an FM transmitter.

All the music is from my library. There are multiple play lists.

My only hesitance to recommend this is my model of iPod hasn't been made in a few years and this option may no longer be available.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    For me the best way to listen to music is through an iPod with an FM transmitter.

All the music is from my library. There are multiple play lists.

My only hesitance to recommend this is my model of iPod hasn't been made in a few years and this option may no longer be available.

jtk
    This has been my listening preference in the house, car, and shop for many years. It's hard to beat having several thousand songs of YOUR choice at the click of a button. I also have a yearly paid subscription to Pandora Plus that I like a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'm still waiting for broadcasters to follow the law as outlined by the CALM act. I still get blasted out of the house when the commercials come on. I wouldn't hold out much hope for commercials on youtube addressing your concerns anytime soon.

Frankly, the ad industry as a whole, is a pox on society.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.