Thread: Good luck with the snow!!!

Blog Entries

Good luck with the snow!!!

For those in the path of the storm good luck with the snow. Hope it's not too bad for you and you don't lose power.

I'm currently just south of Baltimore. It seems we're going to get a little of it but nothing like you guys more north of us.

Stay safe and warm.

PHM

Thanks, We need it, weather just said my area 18 - 24 inches.

Thanks Paul, however the storm was a dud, I doubt if there's a cm on the ground this morning........Rod.

We're getting steady snow here in Albany, NY. Maybe 5-6" so far. Governor is talking about closing roads. I'm at work so I hope I can get home this evening. Looks like the whole system may be shifting around some so impacts are uncertain at best. We do need the water after last year though.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

We are getting pounded, but I got my wood for sap boiling covered, pellets in for the stove, scratch blueberry pancake batter ready. Life is good as long as the power doesn't go out. Somewhere past that second telephone pole is the main road
    Attached Images Attached Images

About 10-11" so far and still probably 6-7 hours to go. Winds gusting to 35mph+ with visibility about 200 yards or less at times. It's times like these I'm glad we put in a 14kw propane generator 3 years ago because some tree branches are bound to come down an give us an outage. As I always say, "It's winter, it's NH, it snows. Get used to it."
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

As they say in New Orleans, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow somewhere else."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    As they say in New Orleans, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow somewhere else."
    I'll take the snow over hurricanes any day. How did they decide to build there were they in boats and looked down and said the water is only 6 feet deep here let's put some levies over there and build a city here.
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 03-14-2017 at 5:44 PM.