Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Purchase

Table Saw Purchase

I am looking to buy a table saw from thisiswoodworking.com but cannot find any reviews from others who have purchased from this site. Any offers of advice would be great to a new wood worker.

I want to take advantage of the 10% off of the laguna table saw. the sale ends 3/15.

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom.

I bought my Laguna dust collector from them and just ordered a Jet jointer/ planer from them this past weekend. Nothing but positive experience so far. It may take a couple weeks for you to get your saw, it's probably drop shipped from Laguna but they're good to go in my experience.

Why them exactly?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

They are local and very good people. Probably the most ethical and decent people I have done business with, ever.

That being said, I would take a grizzly 1023 over the Laguna in question in terms of actual saws, I feel it is a better value.

Are you going to get the Fusion or the Platinum saw?

If you are looking at the Fusion, the Jet Proshop models sport a nearly identical design under the hood. The benefit of going with the Jet over the Fusion is the fence....the Fusion fence uses a two-piece aluminum rail, while the Proshop has a one-piece tubular steel rail.

If you have 220v, I also agree with Chris Hatchet. The G1023RL is a 3hp industrial cabinet saw that's simply in a class above the Fusion or Proshop, and isn't much more money, if any.

Food for thought....
    Last edited by scott spencer; 03-07-2017 at 3:19 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I was looking at going with the Fusion, but I will look at the Jet Proshop models. Currently I do not have 220v in my garage shop.

That site is Wood Werks in Columbus Ohio, solid store with a long time brick and mortar behind it. No worries.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wdowiak View Post
    I was looking at going with the Fusion, but I will look at the Jet Proshop models. Currently I do not have 220v in my garage shop.

The Jet also has a 5 year warranty vs 1 for Laguna and Grizzly if that matters to you.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Southern California has some weird code and insurance requirements, but adding 220 is pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    That site is Wood Werks in Columbus Ohio, solid store with a long time brick and mortar behind it. No worries.
    I have been buying from them for something like twenty plus years. They have had the same employees forever FWIW.

11. Have you bought it already?

Ordered a Laguna 18/36 lathe from them a few days ago due to sale price. Status shows it is pending drop ship from Laguna. Like you I wasn't sure about the site until I figured out it was a brick and mortar store called wood werks in Ohio with good reviews.

Good od luck on the saw choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Ordered a Laguna 18/36 lathe from them a few days ago due to sale price. Status shows it is pending drop ship from Laguna. Like you I wasn't sure about the site until I figured out it was a brick and mortar store called wood werks in Ohio with good reviews.

Good od luck on the saw choice.
    Excellent business. My woodworking home, so to speak, as they are about 2 miles from my home. I'm in there at least once a month. Great bunch of people.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I plan on ordering it on Monday as I will be in NYC the week of the 20th and want it to arrive when I get back after the 25th. I wonder if I can tell them to ship after I get back?

I plan on ordering it on Monday as I will be in NYC the week of the 20th and want it to arrive when I get back after the 25th. I wonder if I can tell them to ship after I get back?

I do not see a problem at all with that....