View Poll Results: Should I stay or should I go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay and spend the money on tools.

8 28.57%
  • You only live once. Go on a mancation.

20 71.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lie-Nielsen event: Attend, or just spend the money on tools?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I looked up that Camino de Santiago. Seems that there are many routes that one can take to Santiago, although the "French Way" seems to be the most popular. But even then, it seems that you can do a lot of different distances up to about 775km which is perhaps a 25 day walk. I found tour places that set up hotels and transport your baggage between hotels.

What length do you and your wife do?

Mike
    St. Jean Pierre de Port, France, over the Pyrenees. Quite a long haul. Amy kept going on her first Camino all the way to Finisterre as opposed to stopping in Santiago de Compostela. (My dream girl- she's tough.) As for carrying your baggage for you- that's missing the point. The idea is take only what you can carry. It's about sacrifice and shedding material things.

I developed this muscle in my foot that I hadn't seen before. I still remember the pain when I look at this image. A day later, I would ask Amy to marry me. Memories.

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I have enough airline miles for the ticket. There is a B&B offering 5 nights for $480. I want to visit the Mystic Seaport, hence the extra nights. The car will cost $350 plus fuel, although a Harley is only a wee bit more . Meals aren't an issue, as food is cheaper there than it is here. I figure on top of burning 50,000 airline miles, I am spending $1,000 or more that I could spend on tools. Last year I had the same dilemma and chose tools. So- what say you? Should I stay or should I go? (P.S. Amy says go for it, but she's not keen on my plan to rent a Harley.)

Has anyone gone that can tell me is it worth going for the whole two days, or is it only something to stay at for a few hours? (I would certainly do the Lobster bake if I went.). I'm all for spending money on adventure versus material things. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

I found spending time in my woodshop rather than going to Cinncinatti for their event to be time well spent.