Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headsup: Lowe's discount

Blog Entries

Headsup: Lowe's discount

Starting this weekend (I think), 11% off at the register. No coupons to mail in.
    Capitalism: how can you beat it? (For those who also shop Menards)

And if you're a veteran you get 10% off at both places all year long. One of the reasons I got a VA card was to get the discount.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I receive 10% off at Lowes all the time. I have NEVER had the 10% off from Menards, here in SD or over in MN. ? ?

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden View Post
    I receive 10% off at Lowes all the time. I have NEVER had the 10% off from Menards, here in SD or over in MN. ? ?

Bruce
    We get 11% off at Menards, but it's via mail-in rebate. Often but not every day.
    The Lowe's discount is 11% off at the register on all purchases.
    But perhaps you were referring to the veterans discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    And if you're a veteran you get 10% off at both places all year long. One of the reasons I got a VA card was to get the discount.

Mike
    Problem with the veteran requirement, if you were not a career military you do not qualify, at least that is what my local HD store told me when I tried to use my DD214 (Discharge Papers). You had to have either an active duty or a retiree ID card. As as for Lowes I was under the impression they only do it on Memorial Day and Fourth of July.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

My Lowes has always honored my VA card for the 10% discount. We put on a 2 story addition last year and I did most of the finish work, plumbing,wiring
    ......they got to know me pretty well! I saved quite a bit of change in the last year or so.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Problem with the veteran requirement, if you were not a career military you do not qualify, at least that is what my local HD store told me when I tried to use my DD214 (Discharge Papers). You had to have either an active duty or a retiree ID card. As as for Lowes I was under the impression they only do it on Memorial Day and Fourth of July.
    Both the Home Depot and the Lowes in my area give the 10% discount to any veteran, all year long. I have a VA medical card with my picture on it and I use that to show my veteran status. They both accept it without question. I'm pretty sure they'd accept a DD214 as proof.

I don't always use it - if the item is small (doesn't cost a lot) I'll usually skip it. The other day I was buying something for about $200 and the clerk asked me if I was a veteran - I had forgotten to show my ID. Don't know why she did that but I appreciated it.

Mike

[One time my wife was buying something at HD and told the clerk that her husband was a vet and could she have the discount. They gave it to her!]

[Any vet can get a VA card - you don't have to be a disabled vet. It's a bit of effort but it's worth it if you do much shopping at HD or Lowes.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 03-17-2017 at 4:01 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I just looked it up.
    Make any purchase through the 19th and receive a coupon for 11% off starting 3-20
    Not all stores are included. My local store in Cincinnati is not on the list.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I just looked it up.
    Make any purchase through the 19th and receive a coupon for 11% off starting 3-20
    Not all stores are included. My local store in Cincinnati is not on the list.
    Where did you see this? I looked at Lowes.com and there isn't anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Where did you see this? I looked at Lowes.com and there isn't anything there.

https://www.lowes.com/pdf/11_Percent_Coupon.pdf
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

How do you get VA card??
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

In AZ you take your dd214 to motor vehicles when getting your license they imprint in bold letters on your license
    VETERAN. This has always been good at HD for my 10% Today when I bought all most $300 woth of lumber they told me my Drivers license was no longer any good and I had to be active duty or retired military. I made a stink and they said they would give it to me today but no longer expect it.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Of course it isn't available near me. Nothing ever is.

You can always get 10% off coupons on line for $2.
    Right now ebay has $100 gift certificates for $99.
    And they stack.

Lowes is only doing the 11% coupons in areas where they compete with Menards. They have specific store numbers that offer the coupons.

The Lowes here used to apply the 10% discount if you showed a DD214. Now they require a photo ID with it. Said a lot of guys were just using copies of somebody else's 214.