Thread: Clark ProTura Filters

Clark ProTura Filters

Good Morning,
    Has anyone replaced or built their DC with Clark ProTura filters?

Here is their website-
    http://www.clarcorindustrialair.com/...tridge-Filters

Here is the specific filter-
    https://www.industrialcartridgefilte...%20NF40002.pdf

Any reason I should not use them in my system?

Tim

It looks like they should work. 254 sq. ft., nanofiber, Merv 15. Price? Similar from Wynn (300 sq. ft.) $176 + shipping.

https://www.industrialcartridgefilte...s+NF40002.html

$135.56 with shipping.

Thanks for the feedback James.

Tim,

Looks like a good filter. I found a similar filter Donaldson torit p190817 or p190818 DFT ULTRA-WEB CARTRIDGE 13.84"OD X 26.00"L 9.46ID. I bought mine off ebay in the ~$90 range. Mine were actual Donaldson filters. When I originally looked I found similar replacement filter shops that sold replacements in the ~$85-100 range, so yours looks about the same.

Carl

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Kona View Post
    Tim,

Looks like a good filter. I found a similar filter Donaldson torit p190817 or p190818 DFT ULTRA-WEB CARTRIDGE 13.84"OD X 26.00"L 9.46ID. I bought mine off ebay in the ~$90 range. Mine were actual Donaldson filters. When I originally looked I found similar replacement filter shops that sold replacements in the ~$85-100 range, so yours looks about the same.

Carl

I just bought 2 “new” protura 20321 filters on eBay for $65 each that I will stack up. We’ll see if indeed they are new and how they work. I plan to run a few cfm tests using an anemometer with and without the filters on my 2hp grizzly dust collector. I thought about getting the Wynn filter but the specs seem more or less the same. It’s for my personal use in my garage to use on my wild Friday night when the family is asleep.

One thing to keep in mind is that most industrial filters are designed to have the air flow from the outside to the inside of the filter. So the best use of them is to house them in a box with the cartridge pushed against the hole/s to let the air out into the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that most industrial filters are designed to have the air flow from the outside to the inside of the filter. So the best use of them is to house them in a box with the cartridge pushed against the hole/s to let the air out into the shop.

How would I know when I receive them which direction they are designed for?

Wynn is the only one I know of that makes it specifically for the flow to pass from the in to out direction. If you look at the equipment the filters are designed to fit, downdraft tables, dust booths, etc., you'll see they are all outside in. You should be able to ask the makers/sellers if their filters work in a specific direction or both. For what it's worth I took a bunch of Donaldson Torit filters I got from work for cleaning and they said they won't clean the Chinese ones that come on hobby dust collectors because the disintegrate in the cleaning machine. The NA made ones can be cleaned 3 or more times so no matter which way you use them they will be better than the imports.

I just called the manufacturer and someone that seemed very helpful informed me that this particular filter can be used in both directions. He spoke to one of their engineers to confirm and he said this filter can precisely be used for woodworking with the dust collecting from the inside. I guess the only way to find out is to put them both to use and check the cfm when I first install them and periodically check for clogging and lowered cfm results. If it works out than I will have a total of 185sq ft of media x’s 2.
    Last edited by Rick Pinzon; 10-25-2017 at 12:02 PM.