Hey all.

I used to be an avid SC reader and supporter. Sadly due to heath concerns, woodworking has taken a back seat, and now it is taking an even bigger back seat..I just am not allowed to do it anymore. I am dismantling my shop.

Here's my question: Most of my stuff is of the craigslist variety and I will pass it on in that fashion, by listing it for free. However, I do have an original sawstop contractor model (52", it does have some rust on the top as it has been sidelined like me for a while). Has iron wings and a good mobile base.

What am I do with it? I tried to donate it to local schools but they were not that interested (used equipment etc). My new thought is to list it somewhere and donate the money to the schools instead. Frankly it is not an easy thing to even get out of my basement (heavy, have to take off the rails and wings to even get out the basement door, etc).

Any suggestions on where/how much to list is for? Should I just call a scrap company to take it to melt down and give up on the idea of netting a donation out of it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tim Cleary