Thread: MM 16 blades from Spectrum Supply?

MM 16 blades from Spectrum Supply?

I'm ordering a MM16 so of course I'm ordering a Lenox Woodmaster CT. The 154" 1" 1.3tpi blade is $141 from Spectrum Supply(with shipping).

I wondered what folks experience had been with Spectrum of if they had a better option?

Thank you.
    Dan

I bought the same Woodmaster CT from Spectrum Supply for my new Grizzly 0636X. It was the best price I could find anywhere and the weld was perfect. I have to tell you, that blade cuts wood like an angry beaver, as fast as you can shove wood through it, and the finish is outstanding. I've been using it for about 6 mounts now and it still cuts great and have done quite a bit of resawing and cutting shop sawn veneer with it, mostly in Sapele and white ash. I think you'll be very happy with both Spectrum Supply and that blade.

John

Thanks John. Appreciate the feedback.
    Dan

They are my go to supplier for Lenox stock. I have ordered over 100 blades from them and only had one bad weld (which is much better than many suppliers) and even it wasn't bad enough to return (but it was on a cheap carbon blade I wouldn't be living with long).

The Woodmaster CT is an excellent blade and leaves almost as good of a finish as a Trimaster (the Trimaster has variable pitch and a higher TPI which results in a higher price and better finish).
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Again thanks for the feedback. While I'm at it, can you all recommend some "utility" blades? Say a 1/2 and a 1/4? I should be able to economize on shipping.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T Jones View Post
    Again thanks for the feedback. While I'm at it, can you all recommend some "utility" blades? Say a 1/2 and a 1/4? I should be able to economize on shipping.
    Dan
    They sell the Lenox Flexback which is a great low-cost carbon blade and comes in 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" sizes.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

+1 for the Lennox Flexback series of blades. I just broke a 1" one that had been on my MM16 for years that I used for all manner of utility cutting from oak and mesquite tree limbs (green and dry) for the BBQ pit and the fireplace to 3/4" plywood to dried 12/4 hardwood to 2x construction lumber. I broke it (still cutting sharply and fairly smooth for a non-veneer specific blade) while ripping SYP 2x12's that were pinching the blade and got rough with it when I tried to jerk it back out of the cut while it was getting pinched. I put the same blade in 1/2" on the saw to keep on working and will get another 1" one of theses days.
    David