Thread: German Shepherd Sitting II

German Shepherd Sitting II

Germ Shep Sit 152 copy.jpgGerm Shep Sit 151 copy.jpgGerm shep Sit 150 copy.jpgGerm Shep Sit 146 copy.jpgGerm Shep Sit 147 copy.jpgGerm Shep Sit 145 copy.JPGGerm Shep Sit 149 copy.jpg

OK, so let me say at the top of this thread that here at Sawmill Creek we have IMO the best crowd of people that I present work to on line. They are constructively critical of the carving work when they think criticism is warranted, praise when they think it is praiseworthy.......usually silent when they think my photography is for the birds. Some of you know that this is a new camera for me with controls that I have not had in 30 years. I don't photograph that much and in exploring this new camera I have been stubbornly insistent that I not use auto functions. What would I learn from that?

So while the recent thread for this piece had photos that were true to the colors of the piece, they were not true to the tonal quality and I lost some detail like in the tail area for example because of that and I lost this dogs high cheekbones and white patches in that area of his face because of that. As usual, when my photographic efforts are for the birds, people here tend just to be silent. After all its a woodworking site, not a photography site. So you should be able to see the carving and color details more readily in these photos.

I want to thank all of you for your comments whatever they are and your patience. This is the best site on the web for somebody like me and frankly for woodworking generally IMO.

Wow, great shots. I love the background!

JKJ

The background I finally found in one of my storage spots off site. But I was not surprised that none of the other stuff I had was in that spot. This thing is too big and everything else including the folded down tripod makes for a much smaller footprint. So I was happy to find the background. Frankly I had been so focused on camera settings that I did not even center up the piece in the set of photos in the other thread....so depth of field was totally shot...there was none!!