Thread: Laguna lasers

Laguna lasers

Any body use Laguna lasers? They are glass tubes with chillers, no doubt imports but was wondering if anybody is working with them and what software they are using?
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gary l roberts View Post
    Any body use Laguna lasers? They are glass tubes with chillers, no doubt imports but was wondering if anybody is working with them and what software they are using?
    Gary its probably your typical Chinese laser, made to whatever spec's or lack of spec's the seller wants, along with a creative name. Your going to have to figure out what brand of control system they put in it and what software they are currently using. Info on here about those brands if you search. Found in 20 seconds with a Google Search > http://lagunatools.com/cnc-laser/
    Last edited by Bill George; 03-21-2017 at 7:05 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Looks like the same supplier that Logilase gets theirs from. http://www.logilase.com/all-products.html

If it is the same, and it looks to be, then it is using RDWorks8 and here is a picture off the website of the controller.Control-panel_0lqit2m7.jpg

They are Bodors
    You did what !

Yep, Dave is right! They are Bodors!

IMG_0664.jpg

I just bought a Laguna smart shop router about a 2 months ago and the Tec that came out to install it said the control on there lasers matched my lasers controller (camfive). It's a new series of machines they just got into from what the tec said. If it's anything like there smartshop machine than it's well built. I haven't seen the lasers in person but I have seen there routers and plasma in action and they work great. There tec support is really good too, not as fast as camfive but good.
    If you have keep an eye on there website they had alot more options for different laser machines about 2 months ago and now it looks like they dropped it to 5 CO2 machine setups from I think 9.
    Last edited by Robert Bonenfant; 03-22-2017 at 8:24 PM.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Thanks everybody. I would think, perhaps they will be at AWFS in Vegas this summer.
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro