Thread: Looking for a Hard Enamel for Elevator Menus

Looking for a Hard Enamel for Elevator Menus

We have our standard elevators here that the engraving is starting to get worn out. I've been told a few other ways to fill the engraving has been tried in the past, enamel/grease fill sticks/crayons, and something else that didn't work well and is still not a long term solution. I'm trying to look into something more permanent. I was thinking of the hard fill enamel or epoxy that is used in challenge coins.

My questions/thoughts for the members of the Creek are:

1: Does anyone deal with stainless steel elevator menu boards and how do you suggest a more permanent solution?

2: Is there a supplier for or a good place to purchase that sort of enamel?

3: My other thought was to use One Shot sign enamel. I'm familiar with this particular paint and once it dries it seems to be very durable.

My intentions are to repaint the lettering with a very small/thin pain brush since we do not have a machine here for fill engraving and I won't be able to remove the panels, I'll have to do it right there in the elevator.

I am pointing out that these panels are stainless steel because we need to be careful when cleaning because of the scratch-able nature of the surface. So no overfill and sanding, I'd like to keep excess to a minimum.

Thank you everyone,

Amanda
    Gerber Composer, Omega, & Edge
    Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
    --------------------------------
    Previously: Epilog Legend EXT 75W

You got it, nothing better than 1-Shot for durability. Clean first with denatured alcohol, it evaporates off quickly.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green