Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many passwords anyone use "Lastpass" to manage them?

Blog Entries

Question Too many passwords anyone use "Lastpass" to manage them?

I imagine I'm not alone here , I have too many passwords Does anyone use "Lastpass" or some other password manager?
    Thanks
    Dennis

1Password has been my go-to for the past 10 years. It is a vault for forms, credit cards, software licenses along with being a really strong password storage/generator. Unfortunately, it is expensive, but it is worth it. It works across all my Macs and PCs. On the Macs, Apple's included Keychain has gotten really good over the past three OSX releases. Both 1 Password and Keychain work on Apple's mobile devices, but 1Password will work within the iPhone and iPad Safari browser.

My IT department hands out LastPass to new employees, but that's more about software licensing and costs.

Too many passwords?? Way to many! I'm mulling over the mcAffee password manager but haven't pulled the trigger yet

I use lastpass and it also can generate passwords as well. It works fine.

I use an program called "Password Gorilla". Great, simple and effective for the way I work.
    Stores website info, ID and passwords. Can generate strong passwords. Has a notes section for entering challenge question info.
    I like it because they have Windows, Mac and Linux versions and I can share a database on the cloud and get my passwords from anywhere.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Blog Entries
    I use LastPass for low to medium security sites like this one. I don't use LastPass for my bank or investments or work.

Been using KeePass for many years now. Open source and works on Windows, Linux and Android. Not sure about iOS since I'm not in that system.
    Last edited by John Donofrio; 03-23-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

I've only used 3 passwords ever (with slight variations as required) and never had a problem. We've been ID-thieved 3 times and all 3 were the result of giving CC info by phone; buying a Kevin Trudeau book, a Veterans charity and a Firefighters charity. So guess what we don't do no more!

Never had a password account hacked... knock on my head

What I have a hard time with is account usernames AND which password AND which variations used.

Anyway, all I've ever used is 'notepad', I keep it the on the desktop of all my computers, and just add to it whenever I create another account, and copy it to the other computers. Should anyone gain access to my list, because I have only 3 passwords I never have to actually type them. I just use the first letter and whatever variation I used for that account.

Call me paranoid, but I simply won't store actual passwords on some cloud, I feel my way is safer.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I use Dashlane. It generates strong passwords, to a limited extent it lets you decide on password composition i.e. length, letters, digits, characters, and it has an automatic password changer. It evaluates all your passwords, tells you which ones are weak and vulnerable and gives you an overall security score. It syncs with my iPhone and I can share passwords with my wife's computer. The only fault I've noticed is it has trouble generating passwords for sites that will only accept a limited character set.

I've been using lastpass for a couple of years on my mac, iphone and chromebook. It works well and I like it. My previous system was an encrypted file that I'd update and print occasionally. Became unworkable as the number of accounts increased. Lastpass has made my passwords better and stronger, no dupes and each is a long meaningless series of characters that I dont even know. It also makes it easy to change your passwords periodically which is a good thing to do. The other thing I store in my lastpass vault is all the answers to secret questions that most sites demand these days.
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 03-23-2017 at 12:21 PM.

I keep all my passwords in a Word file, which I store on an encrypted thumb drive. I keep a copy in my safety deposit box at the bank. I also have an encrypted app on my iPhone and put a copy of the file there for when I travel.

It's been working well for me and I don't worry about any other entity having access to the file.

But I'll look into lastpass.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

My iPhone remembers them on my apple devices, and Chrome remembers them on my PC's.

P1060637.JPG This is what I use . . . and it is nearly free.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow I just blew that screen up and now I have all your passwords check your bank account tonight LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    P1060637.JPG This is what I use . . . and it is nearly free.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Good luck. NO bank accounts on there.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]