Thread: Lenmar ultralaq precat lacquer?

Blog Entries

Lenmar ultralaq precat lacquer?

I'm to the finishing stage of cabinets for my pantry and am looking at the lenmar pigmented lacquer to match the bm advance I used on the trim. Does anyone have and experience with the product or advice/suggestion on another product (KCMA rated and not waterborne)

Being as its a stand alone walk in pantry without the normal water issues in a kitchen is the sanding vinyl sealer necessary? Or would the precat undercoat over BIN primer before the topcoat be sufficient?

The backs and a single piece face frame (per wall) will be installed after paint.
    Last edited by Jared Sankovich; 03-23-2017 at 7:34 PM.

I don't know anything about Lenmar but why not just use BM Advance on the cabinet as well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    I don't know anything about Lenmar but why not just use BM Advance on the cabinet as well?
    Dry time, cure time and durability

4. The Ultra Laq by Lenmar is a great product and can be re coated in less then an hr. I would highly recommend going this route.

I always use a sealer to provide an even absorption rate for the undercoat. Personally, I would not risk skipping the sealer step as the appearance of the top coat could be affected and it is a small amount of work when compared to the entire build.

Let us know where you end up and how it turns out!

Lenmar is a good name...my contractors used a Lenmar oil based varnish on our wide pine flooring when our addition went up. I'm not familiar with the lacquer product, however, as I don't use anything that's not water borne.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...