Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cutting Boards

Thanks again everyone!

Vaughn, I just have the $200 el cheapo craftsman planer. If you would like one for small chores, this one would fill the bill nicely. If you keep your eyes out you can find it for $150. I do all of my planning work on it and it has done a good job. I have to agree that the end grain should hold up better. I have a couple of older edge grain boards and while the work wonderfully, they don't look as nice as they used to... pretty cut up!

John H, I am making up about 6 or 7 cutting boards for Christmas this year, plus LOML wants one!!

John M, sorry to add to your task list!! I know you are busy!! Actually I was going to call you and see if I could buy some scrap off of you, if you were interested in purging any. I am a little low on small peices after these projects
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeff beautiful job. I love the end grain one. My lovely wife would take either one. Great place to use some of my cutoff's.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice!!! Good work Jeff!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Great work! I really like the endgrain also, it has some character and depth.

chris
    chris

sweet boards.

Cool use of the "free" wood! cutting boards are great gifts too, so you can get your "holiday shopping" done early!
    Sharpening skills, the plane truth.

Jeff, really nice, love the end grain board. I also need to make some Christmas gifts but this would be out of the question for my mom, she is still using the one I made for her in shop class 40 years ago! But than again, maybe it"s about time for a really nice one like yours Thanks for the pics and ideas.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley
    Jeff, really nice, love the end grain board. I also need to make some Christmas gifts but this would be out of the question for my mom, she is still using the one I made for her in shop class 40 years ago! But than again, maybe it"s about time for a really nice one like yours Thanks for the pics and ideas.
    Scott, I hear ya there!! My cousins are still using one I made like 10 years ago in shop class!! That thing is 2 inches thick. I do need to resurface it for them though! If your mom's is thick, you could resurface it and keep it going for another 40 years
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"