Thread: Dimension between the mitre slots

Dimension between the mitre slots

Hi everyone I'm a newbie,
    I would like to know the dimension between the mitre slots on the grizzly 6090 and the 1023 saws.
    Thanks in advance.

10" on my 1023RL .

Thanks for the info, thinking about replacing my recently returned G7015P with either a saw from your series or the 6090 series. How do you like it?

Love mine. No complaints after buying it the year it came out. I will say that the fence on the 690 is a little smoother sliding. I played with one in the Grizzly showroom. I wouldn't make a decision on that alone though
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 03-25-2017 at 8:42 PM.

I bought a G1023RLWX a couple years ago and love it. I saw some advantages to the 1023 over the 690, but doubt that they are a big deal. I liked the serpentine belt over multiple V belts for example. And the mechanism for moving the blade up and down is different.

Not sure about the fence as I put my Unifience on the saw and the original fence is still in the unopened box.

I do not think you can go wrong with either the G0690 or the G1023. Great value for the cost.

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Bill, if this was facebook, would like your post.

I'm leaning towards the 6090 because the dust collection is on the side instead of the back end of the saw. I built a nice (for me) outfeed table that the 1023 dust port would require a 90 degree turn with and I'm trying to stay away from that. Each saw seems to have a few pluses the other doesn't have but none appear to be game breakers. I added the slots to my outfeed table before I returned the 7015 that is why I was asking about the dimensions. I wasn't looking forward to re-doing the top, but it looks like all 3 saws may have the same cast iron top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Bill, if this was facebook, would like your post.
    Jim, I don't use Facebook so I do not quite understand your meaning.

This is not Facebook, so you don't like my post?

Bit confused here...

Bill, I'll jump in for Jim. On facebook, to show someone you like their post, you can click on a "like" button. I believe Jim is just saying that if SMC had a "like" button, he would click it for your post, meaning he likes your post.

Ha ha, got it!

Maybe some day I will move on from living in the 20th century!