Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What tool is this

I once worked in a shop that sold industrial equipment, one particular customer was a practical joker. When ever he ordered new equipment, the owner made sure he added a few extra bolts and washers or maybe even a worn out part from some other machine in the crate. It was the owners way of paying him back for his practical jokes. I think you been had. LOL

"So, if I understand you all correctly...and I think I do...this piece could be of great value to me if added to my current assortment wood turning tools" as long as it is never held against a rapidly turning chunk of wood.

No idea what the tool may have been used for, but I have several electrical connectors that look similar to the hunk of metal on the end of that stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Barkelew View Post
    I think it was used to mount a formed shaper blade type cutter to scrape a profile. I have an old Craftsman molding head for the table saw that uses 3 cutters that look like they might fit something like this. Not sure if it would work very well. The molding head worked but was very scary to use. It's gathering dust in a drawer.

Jim

Good guess Jim, I was thinking the same as you. I own numerous sets of the type of cutters you mentioned, and according to what is pictured here I think they would fit the handle.
    Len