Thread: Ridgid Planer

Ridgid Planer

Anyone have an opinion on a Ridgid TP13002 planer? One recently came up at an auction and I'm wondering if it's worth my time and money.

How much money should I part with to get it?

TIA
    Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I like mine, I've had it since 2001 . I haven't broken anything on it & I work it pretty hard at times.

Steel city had their version with spiral head. Cutech now markets a similar machine that you can get parts for. Rigid no longer carries the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bruette View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on a Ridgid TP13002 planer? One recently came up at an auction and I'm wondering if it's worth my time and money.

How much money should I part with to get it?

TIA
    Jerry
    I've had one of those for 15+ years. No issues. No idea what a used one at an auction is worth - it might depend on the condition. Google showed me a query from 2009 where someone was asking if $100 was too much for one at a pawn shop. A 2012 Ebay listing sold one for $250.

JKJ

Its a workhorse. If it's in decent condition and the price is right, I'd consider it. Still sold as the Cutech planer, but with a spiral cutterhead.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Have had one for 10 years. May upgrade to a wider planer but otherwise, no issues.

This is all very encouraging.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I sold mine when I bought a 12 inch jointer/planer combination machine. I wish I had it back!