Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodmaster drum sanders would you buy again ?

On my 5HP 36 incher, I could not move it without using a 2X4 and levering it an inch at a time, and that was when the mobile base was new. Now, I use a steel Johnson bar and pry on the mobile base. For years, I have planned to dump it and build one....someday. If I remember right, mine had a shipping weight of around 1100#, including the paper and mobile base.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 03-28-2017 at 3:56 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I was gone for the last day and a half so just checked in tonite. Exactly the type of information I was hoping for. I will be watching for a used one for a while and if nothing shows up will probably buy one new in the fall. I am thinking that I would like a 36 inch one, probably single drum unless I find a double. Thanks again,Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Exactly the type of information I was hoping for. I will be watching for a used one for a while and if nothing shows up will probably buy one new in the fall.
    You do know what will happen, they day after your new one is delivered a "perfect" used one will pop up 2 miles away for 1/2 price...

I have wondered if I could trick the woodworking gods by having fake machines delivered, kinda like the Allies Ghost Army in WWII. I wonder where I can get an inflatable shaper...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I notice that the phone number listed on the Woodmaster website is out of service. Can anyone confirm that they are still up and running.
    I would like to be able to talk with a sales person on the phone.