Thread: RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA in Canada

RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA in Canada

Hello Everyone ... are there any fellow Canadian users able to purchase RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA in Canada .... not having any luck finding any ... and the U.S. sites want triple the $ to ship to Canada ? .... is there something that is comparable?

Thank You

Brian

You should be able to buy it at any sign supply company. You may have to buy a log (54" roll) but they'll cut it to width.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Brian,

bdfgraphics dot com has it. There should be other sign supply companies that distribute RTape.

BTW, you can check with World of tapes for cross reference products that will do same job.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Hello again and Thanx for the replies .... well Tony I contacted BDF and they don't carry 4076RLA ... but they do Carry 4075RLA .... is there much difference and would I be ok with RTape 4075RLA ?

Thanx Again

Brian

Best way to compare is to check out there website.
    It'll tell you the differences.
    http://www.rtape.com/product-lines/c...eries-with-rla

4076 has a slightly higher tack then high tack?
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Here is a write up on both from the manufacturers web site. Looks like not a lot of difference between the two tapes.
    Capture1.jpgCapture.jpg

Blog Entries
    Folks....correct me if I am not right about this, but if you are just using the task as a mask for laser cutting/engraving you might be better off with a medium tack tape rather than a high tack tape. Especially if you will be doing things that have a large amount of weeding to be done after you cut or engrave.

The way these tapes are used in a sign shop is they will take vinyl and use a cutter (not laser) to cut the letters and graphics they want. The cut vinyl remains adhered to the sheet it was cut on. They will lay that out on a table, cut side up and remove the waste vinyl, leaving the actual letters/graphics on the background paper. Then they lay the transfer tape on it. Once it is down and has been rolled smooth so it has good contact with the vinyl they will then lift the transfer tape up, taking the vinyl letters and graphics up with it. They will carefully apply that to the surface they want the vinyl applied to, roll it out, and then carefully peel the transfer tape off, leaving the vinyl letters and graphics in place. The amount of tack needed for this process depends on how tightly the vinyl is adhered to its original backing material. High tack tape may be needed for vinyls that attach strongly to their backing. Medium tack tapes will work on less aggressively attached vinyls.

For your use with a laser the high tack tape may be far more than you need to simply mask your material. The extra tack may make it hard to remove your mask, especially if there is a lot of weeding to be done. Check before you get a big roll.

For what it is worth, I use a medium tack transfer paper when I need a mask for laser work. I am curious what others are doing? And I rarely use a mask. Soot washes off easily with soap and water on a damp cloth, or isopropyl. Better yet, testing and arriving at good settings for your cuts and engraving along with the right amount of air assist and a strong blower may remove almost all of the soot before it sticks to the surface.

When I buy my sheet stock I usually use an HVLP sprayer to apply lacquer or clear shellac to the plywood to seal it. Others do the same thing with fast drying, water based urethanes. Then I lightly sand it and I have a prefinished surface on the parts I cut. Saves me lots of time at the end of the production. And those finishes dry in 5 minutes typically, so long as my garage temp is 50 degrees or better and my wife is gone so she doesnt complain about the smell of the drying finish.

Incidentally, I tried the medium tack paper for use on a CNC project. I wish I had video of it. It was highly amusing. Only took a few hours to clean up from. (snort) I havent tried high tack yet. Someday when I have a hunk to play with I will give it a go and see if it behaves better with the CNC.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Brian,

If you are using this tape just to mask product you will be cutting than either product will work just fine.
    Now if you must get heavier tack tape then check with Grimco or Expresssignproducts.com
    Last edited by Tony Lenkic; 03-28-2017 at 8:49 PM.
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

Dave
    I like high tack for a mask. Better adhesiveness makes a better mask. It's still easy to remove.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Brian,
    Maybe look at these guys as a supplier. They are in Mississauga.
    http://www.signsupplycanada.com/pape...4a370f2cafff90

Hello Everyone ... Well I ordered the 4075RLA High Tack to give it a try .... David PM me your mailing Address and I'll send you some to try it out

Thanx again Everyone

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Book; 03-29-2017 at 5:03 PM.

Brian,

Who is the supplier?
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

Hi Tony .... I got it here .... https://www.bdfgraphics.com/vt_conform.html ... I purchased 8.5" x 100 yds. $43.85 cnd

Brian