Thread: Is anyone else having problems posting pictures.

Is anyone else having problems posting pictures.

Most of the time I have tried to post pictures in the last month or so, I have failed. Always the error code: IMG_8284.jpg: Upload of file failed.

Same camera and computer that I have used dozens of times here. Do I need to delete other photos on the creek before I can add new ones?
    Last edited by Brian Kent; 03-28-2017 at 7:55 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Yep, same problem posting pics. I resized some of them but haven't tried posting again yet.

3. I haven't tried to post pics in a long while.....I think there are size requirements, so try to keep them to under 100 mb, and see if it helps.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Brian - photo sizes are suggested to be 107 kb or less when it comes to file size. I am unaware of anyone having issues uploading images. Doesn't mean they aren't - just that no one has reported issues to the mods.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

This is a test to test posting of photos.

Cortez1a.jpg

It seems to be working for me Brian. This is resized to less than 107kb.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

There isn't any limit to the number of pictures you can upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Most of the time I have tried to post pictures in the last month or so, I have failed. Always the error code: IMG_8284.jpg: Upload of file failed. Same camera and computer that I have used dozens of times here. Do I need to delete other photos on the creek before I can add new ones?
    I always resize image files to 640 to 800 pixels in the long direction and compress the image to keep the file size below 100k. Images still load OK as of this test:

alpaca_dria_IMG_0837.jpg donkeys_IMG_20151127_133448.jpg

How big are your files?
    How big are the images in pixels.

If you are using the photos from the camera without processing, resizing, or compressing perhaps the file size is a little too large. Pictures from the same camera and settings can be larger or smaller depending on the content - very busy pictures (lots of fine detail) will generally be larger. Pictures with a lot of smooth areas (sky, background, etc) will generally be smaller.

JKJ

That's it. I had stopped the resizing step. Thank you everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Something has changed, I used to be able to load several pictures and than upload them, now I’m only allowed 1 picture and have to repeat those steps and sit and wait between every picture, kind of waisting my time and annoying for sure
    Have fun and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Something has changed, I used to be able to load several pictures and than upload them, now I’m only allowed 1 picture and have to repeat those steps and sit and wait ...
    Hmm.. Multiple image uploads has never worked for me except in the gallery.

The wait time between image uploads is negligible here (one second or so) except during periods of apparent internet or server issues. (Tested again just now, less than one second, file is 34K.)

Are your files small in both the pixel dimensions and file size on the disk? That might make a big difference if your internet connection is slow.

How long of waits do you encounter? If they are over a minute you might open a new browser window and continue during the wait.

JKJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    That's it. I had stopped the resizing step. Thank you everyone.
    Just when I was smelling a conspiracy against you, Brian. So much for excitement.....

Left click my name for homepage link.