Thread: EZCAD2 Screen dimensions vs. Actual dimensions don't match.

EZCAD2 Screen dimensions vs. Actual dimensions don't match.

EZCAD2 Screen dimensions vs. Actual dimensions don't match.

I made a 1mm square on screen and the same square measures 1.71mm at the laser bed.

I thumbed through the manual and EZCad2, no luck.

Does anyone know where these settings are kept?
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

It's in the parameters section. You engrave something and put the actual size it is and it calculates the right scale. I think you do that in both the X and Y. It's simple and takes about 10 minutes at the most.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Section 10 of the 2.10 manual. And check your TC positions. Mine was ending a quarter to half MM to early. And took a bit of playing with it to get it right.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Thanks all. I should of guessed with a field titled "scale" that was it.
    Just didn't want to fix one thing and break something else.
    ezcad2_scale.jpg
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

John, if I remember correctly, if you click on the >> symbol, it asks you what size it was supposed to be and what size it is and then it calculates the change.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Scott, it does, but I was trying to adjust mine just a bit and that went too far. I guessed a lot lower and got it within a thou on an inch square. For now that is good enough.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Once the scale was set to match both screen and laser bed. I did have to go in and adjust my "Red Light Pointer" to correct the alignment which was 1-2 mm off set from the actual engraving. So, if you adjust scale you will most likely need to adjust the red light pointer also.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas