Thread: Finally found a Trotec on C's list - is this a good price?

Finally found a Trotec on C's list - is this a good price?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/6036744446.html

Don't know where the new units start in their pricing... is this worth a look?
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Not sure, but if I was considering I'd contact the user to get the serial number and then trotec should be able to tell you what that model costs new this year pretty easily. Wouldn't buy used for more than 75-80% of full price; if that.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Looks high to me.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Too high for a used machine - a new 120watt speedy 400 runs $42K ish (Not including setup and shipping) . So i would think a 80 watt would be about 39k - 40k New - I would pay 30 at most and that depends on if the machine still has warranty. If your gonna spend 35k why not contact trotec and look at a new (The warranty alone is worth a ton) and getting financed is not hard with a big down payment. When buy used lasers, either they were having trouble with it or they cant make money with it, Ive heard the dead partner story in the past could be true but might be covering up another issue, most questioning stops when they say someone pasted.

Hope I Helped
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Ferrari's notwithstanding, pretty much anything anyone buys loses a substantial portion of it's value as soon as it's "yours".

I'm thinking it's about 6 to 8 large too high. and the 'tech support is always helpful' is a big bright fluorescent red flag IMO...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks for the head's up.. was only curious anyway, you rarely see them on the resale market.

-bc
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

That's more than I paid for mine brand new...

2k less and you could get a new one. In Texas at least.
    355 - 10400 : )

Also more than I paid for mine new...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    That's more than I paid for mine brand new...
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

Just for grins I emailed the seller. It includes a rotary, icut and the fume extractor for that $35k price. That's a much better deal - at least if you need the icut and fume extractor anyway.

His ad says he wants $6000 for the fume extractor.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    His ad says he wants $6000 for the fume extractor.
    That's how the ad is worded but he told me in an email that he wants $35k for the whole setup, laser, fume extractor, rotary, icut, etc. I suggested to him that he redo the ad because as it's written isn't how it really is.

Just a note, Trotec doesn't sell the i-cut system any longer, and i-cut got bought out so buyer beware on that part of it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.