Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Rapidair air lines

I second Jim's comment about putting your compressor in a closet. Really helps with the noise in the shop and the house (Basement shop in my case).

I used the Rapid Air 1/2" plastic line kit for my 1000 sq foot shop. I ran a main loop around the perimeter of my shop with multiple drops. I even ran a connection into my garage. Easy to install with very few leaks (leaks were my fault in not seating the lines into the push connections completely). Seems to give plenty of air.

There is a machine room for the compressor and DC. I should have no problem getting at least a 20 gallon in there.
    Mark McFarlane

Thanks everyone for the help. I just ordered two of the 1/2" OD starter kits and 4 tee fittings to give me 4 drops from the recommended 'air loop' configuration.

I really wanted to try DIY copper but 3 of the 4 drops are on exterior walls and there is only about 4 inches between the double top plate and the sheathing. There is basically no room to solder the joints without a novice like me lighting up the top plate or the roof sheathing, which would really spoil my new build.
    Mark McFarlane

I put the smaller kind in my walls back in 2011. No leaks and everything still works well. I have a 2-stage compressor and keep it regulated at 90 PSI.

I have 3/4" FastPipe out of my compressor because I had visible runs that I wanted straight. Once I get a few rooms over, I switch to 3/4" MaxLine (Pex-Al-Pex). The FastPipe is a dream to install. The 3/4 MaxLine is a bit of a bear to straighten. I just received RapidAir's straightener today. Time will tell if it was worth the price.

A few photos of my setup thus far..
    IMG_9369.jpgIMG_9333.jpgIMG_9334.jpgIMG_9279.jpgIMG_9326.jpgIMG_9276.jpg

Thanks everyone. The new lines are installed and are holding pressure at 100 PSI. Life is good.
    Mark McFarlane