Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, so you want to do a big live-edge table?

OK, so you want to do a big live-edge table?

Peach State Lumber has just what you need:

IMG_1211.jpg

This was from May 2015, it's still there. I'd be all over it but I don't have a room in my house that it would fit in(or the desire to max out a credit card to pay for it).

But it sure is purty, I admire it up close every time I go there.

Wood slab or car, or college fund?

$19k, wow!

As you said, sure is purdy though.

I saw that this weekend. Nice! Wife couldn't believe the price. All in all, they have some nice lumber. Just wish they were a little closer to me. A hard 3.5 hrs away. When I go up that way, I usually make the most of it by going to all the wood working stores I can find. Tough on the pocketbook though.

The reasons that i would and or do daydream of being rich are morally Bankrupt.

You might think one would ponder all the good deads one could do and help they could and would offer those less fortunate.

Nope i see this and think "if i was wealthy i would have that piece of lumber in my shop". And then i think something is just so wrong with that thinking..

iIts pretty easy to spend $19K these days but dam is a ton of money for a piece of wood. I have a pace local to me that has four or five very very large warehouses of stuff like this. You cant go to the place with less than 5K or your gonna go home with your tail between your legs.

kinda crazy...

Man, that is a nice looking slab. The wife asked me to make a new kitchen table and/or coffee table. Seeing as how she didn't complain when I upgraded half of my tools (new SawStop, 15'' helical planer, and dust collector), I can't really say no! We were visiting her family a few weeks ago in Ohio and stopped by Keim Lumber as it was only 10 minutes away to get an idea of what wood she wants me to use. We found a really nice live edge walnut slab we liked, but also a lot of other exotic wood that was beautiful. If you want to see higher resolution, here is a link: http://imgur.com/a/aa6qh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woodcrafters in Portland OR about a month ago...

Erik

IMG_2728.jpg

Here is a similar length and width. 72" wide, 14' long, 4" thick and weighing in at 1000 lbs

Scott Bon and Shea slabv2.jpg

Nice slab. Anyone else seeing a dog face?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Clear as day

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I believe that I see two of them.....

Not only the dog face, but I see a skinny turkey wearing a tuxedo below it!

Blog Entries
    We're gonna need a bigger jointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Woodcrafters in Portland OR about a month ago...

Erik

IMG_2728.jpg
    That has been there for a while. I was in CrossCut Hardwood yesterday and they has a couple of nice redwood slabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    The reasons that i would and or do daydream of being rich are morally Bankrupt.
    Honestly, I don't see anything "morally bankrupt" when you're a creator. You can't save the world. Do good deeds when you can and you're doing more than most people.

People who create things motivate others to create things and creators generally aren't destroyers. I think we do something good for the world just doing what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    That has been there for a while. I was in CrossCut Hardwood yesterday and they has a couple of nice redwood slabs.
    I saw those as well. More reasonably priced too, I thought. Something around 4-5ft wide and 10ft long, maybe 3" or 4" thick. They were asking something like $600-1000 per slab if I remember right. Definitely not $19,000.