Thread: Bent Lamination Shadow Box

Bent Lamination Shadow Box

I recently decided to finally get around to building a shadowbox for myself. I originally did a similar box about 10 years ago for myself, but a friend's wife wanted one for his retirement. Since my tools were packed for moving, I took my stuff out and re-did the insert for him.

I utilized walnut from a local urban forester and refined the lines of the design from the original design. I had some laser engraving done to utilize some of the open space on the bomb fins. It has a hand rubbed oil finish. I am very happy the way it turned out.

Attached Images Attached Images

That looks very nice, Fredrick!! Is that your original design? If so, do you mind if I copy it?

Thanks,
    David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Very nice! I like the design and craftsmanship.
    BTW..thanks for your obviously outstanding service.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

David, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Quite unexpected to see this. My youngest son is AFEOD. Thank you for your service, sir. I'm blown away by you're craftsmanship. (See what I did there)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Logan View Post
    Quite unexpected to see this. My youngest son is AFEOD. Thank you for your service, sir. I'm blown away by you're craftsmanship. (See what I did there)
    Next time you talk to your son thank him for me for his service and being one of the .45%.