Thread: Need window sealing advice

Need window sealing advice

I need a solution to inject silicone or another waterproof material under Anderson window flanges. This was not done when the windows were installed. Pulling the windows is not an option.

I found some needle nozzles online that have a 1/4" diameter tip that will fit on a standard tube of silicone. However, I am not sure that the flanges will have enough flex to push the nozzle in far enough to get the silicone where it needs to be. Do you think this will work?

If not, does anyone have a sure fire option from prior experience?

Thanks
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Fries View Post
    ...Do you think this will work?...
    No.

Pull the windows, clean and install properly.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

This feels like a scene from Groundhog Day. Silicone will not give you a reliable seal if you can't see where you are placing it and it will just make it harder to do the job right when that realization sets in. As before, I still reccomend Vycor or equivalent placed over the flanges to seal the windows to the structure;

https://gcpat.com/construction/en-us...als/Vycor-Plus

ya groundhog day. Sorry John, I kinda forgot about this discussion sometime back. Will look into doing it this way. It sure would be easier than trying to inject silicone.

BTW - I am assuming that the butyl version is better than the asphalt version. Correct?
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 03-31-2017 at 7:41 PM.