Thread: Family Fun Day

Family Fun Day

I will be participating in my Departments "Family Fun Day" by having a booth and displaying my work...and hopefully handing out lots of cards to interested New customers.

I want to give something away to booth visitors, balloons for the kids, something promotional for the adults, etc.... does anyone have suggestions on what I could cut/engrave as a giveaway/promotional piece (cheaply...will probably make about 200)...has anyone done this before?

...even better, if you have a .rld file that I can use (and save me the work) that would really be appreciated.

Thanks for any ideas!

Dan
    Rabbit Laser - QX-60-9060 Laser Engraving/Cutting Machine

Wooden Pencils, Poker chips, etc with your info, engrave their name on the back.......
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

I make leather key fobs with something Arizona engraved on it like a Kokopelli or a cactus, cost about .40 or so to make.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

another idea BB coasters cheap easy to make
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Here are a couple of items I made way back about 20 years ago out of extruded acrylic. They were about .050" thick and were made back when I wrongly thought woodworkers would be a good market.

set-up tools.cdr
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    I use this for giveaways. Earbud holder. Add your text on one (or both sides) easy in plywood or plastic.
    earbudblank.cdr
    Layout for several (9 or 12 I don't remember.) if you want RLD let me know - PM your email, I can't attach here.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Maybe some small business cards with a bit of artwork and your details. I saw some at a local "craft" fair recently.

yes I made some from veneer good idea Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Taylor2 View Post
    Maybe some small business cards with a bit of artwork and your details. I saw some at a local "craft" fair recently.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Expanding the business card idea would be refrigerator magnets. Get the sticky back magnetic sheet from McMaster Carr or wherever you want.

dichromagnet-epoxyfilled.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.