Thread: Dehumidifier recall

Exclamation Dehumidifier recall

All those that use a dehumidifier in their shop or home, you may want to check to see if it is part of a major recall of many portable dehumidifiers. I purchased mine in July of 2012 and it is included in the recall.

Here's where to check:
    https://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

Some more info:
    https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/de...midea-recalled

I'm a firefighter and we were called to a house fire last year that was caused by one of these recalled dehumidifiers. Fortunately nobody got hurt.
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

John Thank you! I have one of the Frigidaires in the recall and have registered for the recall. Its a shame that I've gone through four in the last 12 years, and I considered this was the best of them.

I almost didn't check when I first saw your post. Glad I did.

I got a replacement in February. Haven't plugged it in yet, the humidity's pretty low in the wintertime and they recommend letting it run 24 hours straight to break it in. The replacement is branded Comfee but that is not the manufacturer, it's just another label like Frigidaire or Maytag.

This is a recall that began a while ago but it's a good idea to bump it back up for the folks who missed it. I got a refund of about $100 a few months ago.

I had a Whirlpool recalled and they paid almost $75 at FedEx to pack and ship it and then I got a bunch of money back.