Thread: Ray Fine 7050-80w Shipped

Ray Fine 7050-80w Shipped

The day of delivery approaches. My laser was shipped this past weekend. Of course we are talking about the slow boat from China, so it will be awhile before it actually gets here.
    Bryant sent me a few pictures as well:
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1

Blog Entries
    Looking good! And you have a cable on your rotary!
    It does take a bit to get to you, I tracked and ship stopped about a half dozen more Chinese ports before it actually left.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Hi Lyle, same thing with mine, luckily, as they had holiday 2-4 April
    If you use their freight guys, looks like they send the crate to Shenzen port -3 day rail? travel, but it skips the 5/6 ports after Quingdao port,heading south.
    Also patiently looking forward to receiving it.

Jimmy,
    In the Email Bryant said it was in Guangzhou already. So it looks like it's at port ready for the ship.
    Lyle
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1

Hey Lyle .... looking good ... Congrats on the pending arrival

Brian
    Ray Fine 6040 80W RF Tube
    Chuck Style Rotary
    5000 CW Chiller

Exciting times for you Lyle, congrats with the purchase. One advise, spend your time the coming weeks with searching and buying a better (read more silent) air exhaust. The one you will get, and most of us got, makes noise like a jet fighter! No kidding. And maybe buy a decent, and quit, air compressor that produces more and continuously air pressure than the one that is with your machine. I have the same one but I'm not quite happy with it and I probably will buy a decent air compressor soon.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Erik,
    I have no shortage of air compressors around my shop. Right from a 5hp down to a tiny one for brad nailing. I even have a converted refrigeration compressor I use for airbrushing. I will have to see what I can come up with for the fan though. I have read enough about these fans being noisy to be thinking I need something else or mount it outside.
    Lyle
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1

Blog Entries
    Erik,

Not sure why, but my air compressor for the air assist has been running quietly and smoothly. Not that that helps you. I did screw it down to a board so it isnt wandering around the garage. Actually, I used a board with casters on it and use that to hold the CW5000 and the air assist pump and a few other things external to the laser so I can easily move them around as needed. Still, doing that quieted the pump a bunch. Air flow has been smooth and consistent.

Lyle,

For what it is worth, I have the same air blower and Erik is right. Feel like I am working in the Boeing Engine test facility when I fire that puppy up. Then I got smart and put it in the crawl space under the house, which I can reach easily from the attached garage. I put it right by where I was going to exit the crawl space so there is a VERY short length of pipe on the positive pressure side of the pump. The rest of the pipe runs back through the crawl space and then into the garage where I have the laser. Quiet, almost no odors other than what seeps from the laser cabinet, and it is quiet inside the house too. My wife never knows if it is running or not. One thing I did do for safety was to put a remote camera by it so I can easily look at it. I also put a smoke detector above it just in case.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

David,
    If I use the blower that comes with it, I will either put it in the attic space over my workshed, Keep the resident Raccoons awake and drive them crazy, or build a box for it outside. The camera and smoke detector are both good ideas.
    Lyle
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1

Blog Entries
    I agree with David, you a must fasten the air compressor down or it will walk. It does have holes in each foot, I ended up wiretieing to handle of the CW5000. Actually works with little noise, and my exhaust blower is outside. I can't really hear it thru door. Wouldn't have it inside.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

David, Lyle, I could be wrong with my assumption that the air compressor isn't producing a consistent flow. It's just that it produces a sound like it is pushing air in a fast frequency through the tube, but maybe that is the way these things work. And when I hold my fingers in the airflow it does seem continuously, so forget my remark.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

I cut an over-sized square of this stuff, put on my concrete floor, then put the air assist pump on top of it. This prevents it from "walking" and quiets it down a little.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-18-...0001/205191130
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

I have a pretty good assortment of vibration isolation mounts kicking around in a drawer. Four of those on the compressor will cut the noise. If not, I will hook up to the shop compressor. I am used to the noise of it cycling.
    Erik,
    I am thinking these are diaphragm type(so called oil-less) compressor units. That explains the impression of an inconsistent flow until put it under some restriction like a finger over the end of the line. If you really wanted to even the flow you need to add an accumulation chamber between the compressor and the outlet tubing.
    Lyle Cheredaryk

Ray Fine 7050-80w EFR
    3 Jaw rotary
    4 Wheel rotary
    RDWorks 8.01.18
    CorelDraw 8
    Windows 7 & 8.1