Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get used Festool Domino

Where to get used Festool Domino

I'm looking for a Festool Domino joiner, but they're so expensive brand new. As much as I'd love to buy a new one, I just don't have that much money for it. Does anyone know where or who I can get a used one from? I've checked eBay and craigslist, but can't find anything. Any model will do.

Don't hold your breath. Even when they do come up, they are rarely significantly discounted. You might post a WTB in the Classifieds and perhaps if someone sees one, they'll send the link your way. To post in Classifieds, tho, you need to be a Contributor.

I see the occasional one pop up on CL, but like Prashun said, they aren't discounted much. There is one sitting on CL around me now that is only $50 cheaper. For $50 I'll go buy the new one. I suspect when people buy them they like them and never want to let them go. I've even tried talking to retailers and they aren't allowed to discount them even if they wanted to.

I can say I never would have purchased my Festool tracksaw and CT if I hadn't found a deal on CL but I won't be without it now.

The vast majority that are sold sell at maybe 15-20% off, any better deal will go FAST and are rare.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yea they hold their value very well. Keep your eye on eBay and Craigslist and maybe youll get lucky. I was able to find a DF 500 Kit on eBay brand new for $795.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Some things like Festool Domino tools and 8 inch jointers seem to hold excellent value and sell quickly when fairly priced. I don't mind paying retail for a tool like a Festool Domino because Wood Werks here in Columbus is very good to me and I like supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    Some things like Festool Domino tools and 8 inch jointers seem to hold excellent value and sell quickly when fairly priced. I don't mind paying retail for a tool like a Festool Domino because Wood Werks here in Columbus is very good to me and I like supporting them.

Nothing like buying your sandpaper from the FESTRUK.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Good luck. I hardly ever see the on CL and as stated they aren't discounted much. I actually got very luck and found on CL 3 weeks ago for $500. Dumb luck. Right place at the right time. I don't expect that to happen again. Ther are apps for your phone that can notify you when things are listed on CL.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 04-06-2017 at 3:22 PM.

Snarfer is an app I've used in the past. It will scour eBay and CL for items you want.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I agree with posters that said that used dominos rarely come up for sale, let alone at a decent price. I do like the ebay feature where you can have it send you email when it detects certain tools. I've bought a few discontinued tools that way like a PC-310 router.

I bought one on eBay last week brand new in the box for 300$. We'll see what I get. Lol but I am anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Geary View Post
    I bought one on eBay last week brand new in the box for 300$. We'll see what I get. Lol but I am anxious.
    That was a serious anomaly, I saw it and almost bought it to flip then decided not to. I assume that was the one from Washington.

Buy a new one. Use it once. Presto, used domino...

Hat. Coat. Door.

Yes. I bought the domino the ts 55 and a 125 rotex. I'll be picking it up Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Geary View Post
    Yes. I bought the domino the ts 55 and a 125 rotex. I'll be picking it up Monday!
    I didn't even notice the others, if they are as good as they look you got some serious deals!