Thread: New clamps from Mac .. Impressive quality .. Includes pics.

New clamps from Mac .. Impressive quality .. Includes pics.

Last fall I bought my last table saw .. Its a Martin slider. A good friend of mine who is also a member here said " don't order Martin clamps, order them from Mac " .. So I didn't order them from Martin ..

When the saw arrived, I realized that for some cuts, clamps would be a real safety add-on .. and accuracy add-on ..

So .. ( I am in Canada ) .. I got a link to Mac's clamps ( who is a member here ) .. From Joe AZ who is also a member here and I ordered a pair.

They arrived a few days ago .. I am so impressed with the quality .

First let me add that I have no idea how to install them. Been busy at work . Mac emailed me instructions that I haven't read ..

Basically I sent a couple grand to a guy in another country and waited.. lol . The internet is amazing.. A couple months later, they arrived, customized to my saw ..

I have to say .. These clamps might be better built than the saw.. The fit and finish is impeccable. All the parts are high quality and the feel of the levers says well built.

If you need / want clamps for a Euro Slider that are better than the ones supplied by the manufacturer, and want to deal with a straight shooting made in America guy .. Check out Mac Campshure's clamps ..

http://macsblogboard.blogspot.ca/p/a...s-gallery.html

Mac is an artist. Here is a great link to an install video from Mac's site.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wo740DZBWHo

Clamps are great,

Now lets see some pictures of that saw...

I have several sets. They are machine jewelry. Like stuff from the old days. Hand built, well packed ( I watched him pack a set- took him 1/2 hour ) and many more steps on a lathe and mill than you would ever guess. They seem expensive until you see and use them. Then you wonder if he makes a profit. Dave

I made a pair myself.

Well i sourced all the parts then commisioned a machinist to turn the rod stock and make the bases.

I would say they are 98% as nice as what Mac offers.

I will however admit they cost me just as much as Mac charges to make my own. Sourcing the parts was not easy. And unless you have a good working relationship with a machinist it can become a big headache quick and become very expensive even quicker...

In retrospect i should had just purchaed Macs clamps.

When i want a second set i will purchase his..

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I have several sets. They are machine jewelry. Like stuff from the old days. Hand built, well packed ( I watched him pack a set- took him 1/2 hour ) and many more steps on a lathe and mill than you would ever guess. They seem expensive until you see and use them. Then you wonder if he makes a profit. Dave

Agree totally Dave!
    The packing for shipping is the best I have seen. Mac shipped a horizontal shaper clamp clamp to IWF last year to demo at the show. I had to pack it up for shipping back and was very nervous about that.. I even sent him a email and apologized in advance for my poor packing job.

Those are really nice clamps!!! And yea...they are essential for many cuts, not just for safety, but to enjoy the biggest benefits from having that material fastened to the wagon through a cut...stellar, ready to glue cut surface. While mine are simple cam clamps, they still get used frequently. I can see the great convenience of pneumatic versions!
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-08-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very impressive pneumatic clamps. That's for sure.

But....

Who is Mac? Where's his website? I've never heard of him before this and I'd like to find out more.

Thanks.
    Howard Rosenberg

Airtightclamps.com Dave

Howard .. Sorry .. Most of the reason I posted this is to give Mac some happy customer advertising.. I should have supplied a contact .. lol

No problem at all Rick.

Everyone here is right - wow - very impressive output. Thanks for that link.

Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

We gave Mac's clamps and his parallel stop a workout today trimming and mitering some barnwood veneered door parts.
    IMG_1846.jpg
    cutting edge.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    edge finished.jpg
    Mitered edge.jpg

I keep hoping I have enough free funds before Mac decides to retire, to get a set of these. I used to know pricing, but I am afraid when I have enough, they will have gone up like everything else.
    They sure look user friendly.

That's really nice work on that thick veneer lamination! I like the parallel guide design, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...