Thread: Identifying Fonts

Identifying Fonts

I had to get a new laptop, so I'm now using CorelDraw X5 on Win10.

I've been able to accept the invisible menu bar.....but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to CorelDraw X8.

My current issue is that What the Font doesn't work anymore.....does anyone have a solution to this?

If not, has anyone used "Find My Font"? Is it worth $49? Or is there a better way to identify fonts?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

You can try WhatTheFont: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

I've used it before with some limited success. It's not great but it's free AFAIK.

Are you receiving any errors when you try it on Win10? Is it greyed out? More details please.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Hi Mike, this is the error I get when I try to launch What the Font from CorelDraw X5:
    Microsoft Visual C++
    Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program:C:\ProgramFil...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

If you have Font Navigator installed, try disabling that and see if you get past the error. There were some buggy runtime problems in older versions of Corel that were tied to Font Navigator. (I dealt with them in 12 & X3 and switched to Font Expert instead.) Also, can you see which program file the runtime error is crashing on?

Someone else was experiencing this same problem in 10/2015 and unfortunately no one responded with an actual solution. http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/.../244068#244068
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Thanks Mike......I'll probably just bite the bullet and spend the $49 for the "Find My Font" program......I downloaded the trial version and it worked better than What The Font ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Thanks Mike......I'll probably just bite the bullet and spend the $49 for the "Find My Font" program......I downloaded the trial version and it worked better than What The Font ever did.

I have the program and it works alot better then anything you can find on the web. Well worth the investment.
    You will not be disappointed.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    I have the program and it works alot better then anything you can find on the web. Well worth the investment.
    You will not be disappointed.
    Thanks Jeff!