Thread: Tool box to small

Tool box to small

This is a little box I made to hold my archery string making equipment. Had a nice piece of air dried Missouri Walnut. Dovetailed it up and put first coats of oil on it. Hey then decided to make sure everything was going to fit in it kind a late now that it's got a finish on it. And of course several items that positively have to be in the box did not fit.
    So question can you build a tool box big enough, even when they start out correctly I can always find stuff to over fill it.
    RonL
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is one of the great mysteries, like the fabled empty closet, or were do those socks really go when they are in the drier?

Quote Originally Posted by George Makra View Post
    That is one of the great mysteries, like the fabled empty closet, or were do those socks really go when they are in the drier?
    I can live without socks, just someone please tell me where I put my d%$# tape measure.

Malcolm I am missing a small Jorge clamp, oh somewhere in my garage is a craftsman straight blade screwdriver. But I also have a drawer full of screwdrivers that has problems closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lindner View Post
    This is a little box I made to hold my archery string making equipment. Had a nice piece of air dried Missouri Walnut. Dovetailed it up and put first coats of oil on it. Hey then decided to make sure everything was going to fit in it kind a late now that it's got a finish on it. And of course several items that positively have to be in the box did not fit.
    So question can you build a tool box big enough, even when they start out correctly I can always find stuff to over fill it.
    RonL
    To actually answer your question, I think it was Occam's Law of Murphy's Razor that says "All tool storage expands to fit the space you thought you mis-measured twice for the misconscrewed design of expandability." (I would have just said 'No', but it failed the minimum length rule.)

...Oh, and nice box too!