Thread: cnc canada

cnc canada

Hello: We are looking at 2 cnc that are in Canada. They are the CanCam & Basic CNC from Canadian Woodworker, does any one here have them or have watched one in action. We are looking at the 4 x 8 table with a 6 hp spindle.

Thanks Ron Sleeman

Hey Ron,

First I will say im not a expert on Cnc routers but have been using them for a few years. What type of work are you trying to do ? From the size of the machine you are looking at - I would think your looking for a machine to make some kind of profit and more than a hobby machine.

Its hard to judge because no model # are provided for the exact machine but from their sites go with Cancam - From the cnc i seen on Canadian Woodwoker they are very basic and wont provide any commercial use.

Now you should ask for samples and customer reviews from Cancam - They should be able to provide these with no problem.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Well we bought the CanCam B2 model. I phoned around to other owners that had both machines, but it all came down to the rep from both machines & the machine. Tom the rep, they tell me, he even phones you back later at night or even weekends. We know we are from B.C Canada & the rep for Basic is from Vancouver, put we went with Tom from Ontario. We have a Trotec speedy 400 in my shop, Plus I use to own a CNC plasma & powder coating, so I have all the programs to run the machine. This is just for my BIG woodworking shop I get to play in, as I am semi- retired ..lol Tell my wife...lol We know, we went with the better machine. We would have loved to buy a Camaster from the states. But the day I was going to buy it, the sales person...Cody...did not phone me back. So I guess they have to many sale...lol We will give you a up-date when we get it.

Thanks Ron Sleeman

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sleeman View Post
    We would have loved to buy a Camaster from the states. But the day I was going to buy it, the sales person...Cody...did not phone me back. So I guess they have to many sale...lol
    Thanks Ron Sleeman
    That's not the first time I've heard or read that. I love my Camaster but they have a serious problem with their sales team, Cody in particular.

Congrats on your CanCam!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Ron, in spite of CAMaster's issues with the sales department, they're an awesome machine. AND, the CAMaster forum is invaluable as well .....

I had considered the Stinger 1 before I made my purchase, but Cody was very helpful. Every time I called or sent a email, he returned my calls and answered my emails in a timely manner. If I had the extra bucks, I would have gone with Camaster, especially if I were running the machine day in and day out, but I am just a hobbyist and not running any sort of production. If that were to change down the road, I would go with the Camaster in a heartbeat. They do have a fantastic forum as well. There is so much info there.

Rodger, I was going to buy a CaMaster. I e-mailed Cody & phoned him about the date to call me, he told me he put it in his date book & will.....WILL....not forget to call me. I told him to phone me on this date as we leave for Mexico for 2 months every year. No call & this is not the first time he forgot to call. He told me before, he wears to many hats & they have him running all the time. I e-mailed him from Mexico to call me at our condo on another date...as I have by bank account open to pay bills on this date...again no phone call. Rodger, I love the CaMaster forum site & I visit it almost daily. I order a CanCam & it will be here at the end of May. But no lathe, that is why I wanted the CaMaster. So now we are looking for a lathe...lol

Thanks Ron