Thread: Nova DVR XP

Nova DVR XP

If you have a Nova DVR and always desired a speed knob you are now in luck. I did an article for More Woodturning Magazine that shows this XP Upgrade Panel Kit. It does a lot more than just give you a speed knob, check it out.

OK where is the link?

https://www.morewoodturningmagazine.com/ I subscribed last year based on the articles mentioned in the forum. I always look forward to each new edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blasic View Post
    If you have a Nova DVR and always desired a speed knob you are now in luck. I did an article for More Woodturning Magazine that shows this XP Upgrade Panel Kit. It does a lot more than just give you a speed knob, check it out.
    Only if you have Ver 6 (or newer) of the software. If you have Ver 4 (like my 10 year old lathe) you need a new mother board at $400, plus the new control panel.
    sigh... $550 is probably not worth the knob and 10 speed memories
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

While I surely would like a turn knob speed control for my NOVA...$550 is just too steep for the convenience. I guess I'll just save that for my next lathe...

If you have version 6 or newer, it's only $150
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Oh well no big deal, just curious. I had the Beta up grade for the 16-24 back in 2012 and sold it in 2015 for a Grizzly 0766.