Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owner Feedback - Grizzly G0674 - 12" 6.5 HP 3-Phase Sliding Table Saw (German Made)

Owner Feedback - Grizzly G0674 - 12" 6.5 HP 3-Phase Sliding Table Saw (German Made)

So I've been having a big internal debate on what 12" or 14" cabinet saw I should buy and have switched directions. Decided the a EURO sliding table saw is the overall best fit for my businesses future. And luckily I have the space to spare in our shop.

Are there any Grizzly G0674 owners or users out there that would so kindly share their experiences with the fit, finish and performance of this saw?

Grizzly makes some great stuff for the money, but I was originally ignoring them as I was willing to pay a bit more for what may be considering a better quality saw. This was forced me into the used market when considering manufacturers like Fled, SCMI, Altendorf, and Holz-her. However, this saw is genuine German made saw and appears it may complete in the quality rankings. For ~$7500 out the door, it seems like a great offering. Wish I was near a Grizzly so I could put a finger on this thing.

Any real-life feedback with this saw would be greatly appreciated.
    Devin Ginther
    Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Refined Elements LLC, Owner
    TX Urban Sawmill LLC, Owner

Devin,
    You mentioned wishing you could see it in person, but have you actually considered driving/flying to see it? If you time it right, you could fly Austin to Springfield for <$400, or probably drive for even less. If you have mostly made your mind up, maybe plan a trip to see, inspect, and then pick-up in person if it meets your approval. You could save the freight and offset travel cost (assuming local taxes don't offset that savings). I live up in Dallas and we visited Grizzly about a month ago on the way home from Ohio. It wasn't a bad drive at all from there home. On an investment of $7500, a few hundred for travel doesn't seem so bad, and I'm sure you could claim business expenses for tax purposes at the end of the year. Anyways, just a thought. Hopefully you'll get some good feedback from other members, but I thought I'd at least mention this.

no dado , no clamps ($500 if u buy from grizzly) , on closeout will grizzly even stock parts ?? my minimax s315 was not much more then that and came with a really nice blade and 2 clamps. also takes a dado.

Good advice, Adam. My issue is opportunity cost with my time. I own several businesses so 1-2 days away is very costly for me.

The Grizzly takes up to a 13/16"dado but certainly is an added cost but not other saw I'm looking at offers it used or new. Very good point on the Grizzly clamps, I bit of of a rip off IMO. There are other good options out there to avoid it, or I'd modify and ultimately fabricate my own for a $500 price point. Luckily, my shop also does a lot of metal fabrication for our modern urban wood furniture (see below). Easy enough on the clamps so not a huge decision point for me. I'm most concerned about build quality and need absolute precision for our level of furniture.

I'm hoping to land a deal on a lightly used Felder 700S at the cost of a new G0674 so the Grizzly made not even see the light of day. But I'm still very interested in hearing from owners. This model has been on the market for some time but appears few people actually have production experience with it.

Refined_Elements_HirschTable-112.jpg

Refined_Elements_HirschTable-105.jpg

Refined_Elements_HirschTable-109.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Merritt View Post
    Devin,
    You mentioned wishing you could see it in person, but have you actually considered driving/flying to see it? If you time it right, you could fly Austin to Springfield for <$400, or probably drive for even less. If you have mostly made your mind up, maybe plan a trip to see, inspect, and then pick-up in person if it meets your approval. You could save the freight and offset travel cost (assuming local taxes don't offset that savings). I live up in Dallas and we visited Grizzly about a month ago on the way home from Ohio. It wasn't a bad drive at all from there home. On an investment of $7500, a few hundred for travel doesn't seem so bad, and I'm sure you could claim business expenses for tax purposes at the end of the year. Anyways, just a thought. Hopefully you'll get some good feedback from other members, but I thought I'd at least mention this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devin Ginther; 04-15-2017 at 8:23 PM.
    Devin Ginther
    Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Refined Elements LLC, Owner
    TX Urban Sawmill LLC, Owner

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Grizzly might (should) be able to put you in touch with owners of the machine and probably disclose who the manufacturer is in Germany. You probably want to educate yourself regarding the riving knife, fence setup, metric or imperial rule, serviceability, ...
    On a side note, I wouldn't put to much thought on the exclusion of hold down clamps, Kreg clamps can reach over the fence and are very affordable or you can fabricate your own hold down clamps using 12 Volt linear actuators and run the wiring through the sliding table to a switch in a convenient location.
    I have a KF700S Pro Powerdrive and it's a mighty fine machine.

David,
    Did you get the G0674? How is it?
    Anyone else own one. Does anyone know who made it for Grizzly?
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Ginther View Post
    So I've been having a big internal debate on what 12" or 14" cabinet saw I should buy and have switched directions. Decided the a EURO sliding table saw is the overall best fit for my businesses future. And luckily I have the space to spare in our shop.

Are there any Grizzly G0674 owners or users out there that would so kindly share their experiences with the fit, finish and performance of this saw?

Grizzly makes some great stuff for the money, but I was originally ignoring them as I was willing to pay a bit more for what may be considering a better quality saw. This was forced me into the used market when considering manufacturers like Fled, SCMI, Altendorf, and Holz-her. However, this saw is genuine German made saw and appears it may complete in the quality rankings. For ~$7500 out the door, it seems like a great offering. Wish I was near a Grizzly so I could put a finger on this thing.

Any real-life feedback with this saw would be greatly appreciated.

Grizzly Industrial’s new 12" sliding table saw, model G0674, has many of the features of the high-end European brand sliding table saws, but at a more attractive price point, according to the company. The Grizzly slider is manufactured at a German factory that has been in business for more than 80 years and features a one-piece cast-iron trunnion system.

https://www.woodshopnews.com/tools-m...-with-features

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Grizzly Industrial’s new 12" sliding table saw, model G0674, has many of the features of the high-end European brand sliding table saws, but at a more attractive price point, according to the company. The Grizzly slider is manufactured at a German factory that has been in business for more than 80 years and features a one-piece cast-iron trunnion system.

https://www.woodshopnews.com/tools-m...-with-features
    That review was from 2009. The price dropped a lot since then. I remember the catalog used to "shout" "MADE IN GERMANY". Now I wonder if the manual is outdated.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

The SCM/MiniMax S315 (Italian made) is currently on sale and as Mr. Gray mentions, you get dado capability and a lot of owner experience "out there", including myself, albeit mine is an older version at this point. I am in no way saying that the Griz machine is in any way a problem, but it's good to consider all options, especially with this kind of tool. Talk with Sam Blasco who is the rep and also lives in Texas near Austin. That, alone could be a major advantage to you, as Sam is an phenomenal craftsman, trainer and "jig expert" with Euro machines.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,
    What is the sale price? From a specific dealer?
    James

I'm sure this is the exception, but it would make me think twice, or more, about MM: {woodnet thread}

Another reason I normally by used.

John
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-04-2018 at 4:05 PM. Reason: Removed link to another forum...not permitted by TOS

Quote Originally Posted by James White View Post
    Jim,
    What is the sale price? From a specific dealer?
    James
    I assume direct...SCM/Minimax doesn't commonly sell via dealers in the US. Here's the ad:

IMG_0335.jpg

Sam's contact information to inquire is:

Sam Blasco
    sam.blasco@scmgroup.com
    512-931-1962
    512-796-3036 (mobile)

John, if that thread is about shipping (I couldn't get there because of a security warning and I'm not a member), that's likely the reason for the recent policy change that has customers arranging things going forward...it seems that folks don't understand what "FOB" terms mean and who's responsible for what happens once something is transferred to a shipper.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-04-2018 at 4:07 PM.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I assume direct...SCM/Minimax doesn't commonly sell via dealers in the US. Here's the ad:

IMG_0335.jpg

Sam's contact information to inquire is:

Sam Blasco
    sam.blasco@scmgroup.com
    512-931-1962
    512-796-3036 (mobile)

John, if that thread is about shipping (I couldn't get there because of a security warning and I'm not a member), that's likely the reason for the recent policy change that has customers arranging things going forward...it seems that folks don't understand what "FOB" terms mean and who's responsible for what happens once something is transferred to a shipper.
    Jim, there is a security warning today over there, but it hasn't had any effect on my PC. You shouldn't need to be a member to open the link. The link leads to a story about a lot more than shipping damage, but that's when things really went South. FWIW, the shipper was chosen by MM, not the buyer. But the shipper was unlikely the root cause of the damage; poor crating doomed it. Regardless, it's a long, ugly story of just awful customer service and lack of concern for the customer by all involved at MM. The buyer made a critical mistake and took it off the truck instead of refusing delivering immediately. But the lack of response and broken promised follow-ups at every level of MM is astounding.

Curious that MM has changed their shipping policy to add that burden onto the customer. That might be acceptable, perhaps even preferred, by industrial customers, but most companies selling to the consumer are trying to make the purchasing process easier, not more difficult.

John

I didn't read the thread and I don't ignore security warnings when they come up on every browser on my Mac, but have been told that there is more to the story. The company has always treated me well.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I didn't read the thread and I don't ignore security warnings when they come up on every browser on my Mac, but have been told that there is more to the story. The company has always treated me well.
    When the security warning is resolved it's worth opening the link and reading it. I'm not trying to bash MM. I love my FS-35. But I bought it used, and I would strongly consider all my options if I were faced with buying another piece of machinery at this quality level.

John