Thread: Is this a Veritas Vise?

Is this a Veritas Vise?

Hello guys, new member here. I don't know if its customary to post some sort of an intro before asking questions but I would like to know if y'all think this is a veritas front vise? The pictures are poor quality but it looks similar. The problem is I'm new to this end of woodworking and I don't know if knock offs of this vise are common. Also is $100 a good price for two of these second hand? They come with the bench top as well but honestly it looks like a rather light duty bench so that's just scrap in my mind. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

-KennyVise 1.JPGVise 2.JPGVise 3.JPGVise 4.JPG

Blog Entries
    I have the large and small Veritas vises of that ilk. They are green . Mine are about a decade old but, they could have sourced them elsewhere in the past or currently. I love Lee Valley products but, these vises are pretty roughly made and operate . . . mmm . . acceptably.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It looks a lot like the face vise that came on my old Laguna bench. I don't know who the OEM of the vise is, but I am confident it is not a Veritas vise. Most of the vises that Lee Valley sells are not Veritas vises. $100 for two of these, assuming they are in good condition, is probably a fair price but better vises are out there for not much more money.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by J. Greg Jones; 04-22-2017 at 1:22 PM.