Thread: Mm20 bandsaw blade suggestions

Mm20 bandsaw blade suggestions

Hi guys, I picked up a minimax mm20 bandsaw and am looking for some blade suggestions. Ideally I am looking for two blades. One for some light resawing and one general purpose. I prefer to stay away from carbide until I decide I'm keeping the bandsaw. What would you guys suggest? I was looking at the woodslicer blades from highland for Resaw Blade length is 171 inch. Thank you

I generally keep a 1/2" 3TPI blade on my MM16 for utility and even use it for re-sawing. Sometimes simplicity isn't a terrible thing... I happen to use Timberwolf blades from Suffolk, but there are a lot of decent blades available.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I keep an inexpensive Lennox Flexback standard steel blade in (now) 1/2", 3tpi on my MM16 at all times for all manner of general cutting and non-bazillion dollar exotics, veneer-thickness ripping. Works well. I just broke a several year old 1" wide blade in the Flexback series and replaced it with a 1/2" one of the same variety. I broke the 1" one by horsing it in a rapidly pinching rip cut in a SYP 2x12. My fault.
    David