Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kitchen cabinets

kitchen cabinets

I am new to Sawmill creek and hoping someone can help with kitchen cabinet. After reading several post on this site I have decided that building is out of the question. To much work and not enough room. I have considered IKEA and RTA cabinets as suggested by some members but came across Clipstudios. They appear to use good quality hardware and plywood boxes. Has anyone had any dealings with Clipstudios.com cabinets? Any input is appreciated.

Welcome to SMC. I think you mean Cliqstudios. Here's a link for others' benefit: http://www.cliqstudios.com/?creative...FdyEswodb-QBew

John

Cabinetmaking trade mags have lots of ads for RTA and components. you can subscribe here.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Welcome to SMC. I think you mean Cliqstudios. Here's a link for others' benefit: http://www.cliqstudios.com/?creative...FdyEswodb-QBew

John
    Interesting. My wife and I got a couple local quotes for new kitchen cabinets. Between $18000 and $36000.

I've used the Ikea boxes and would consider them if I needed boxes quickly as they are of good quality compared to 'borg boxes and come with actual Blum hardware. I'm not overly fond of the door and drawer fronts; not because of quality, but because I'm more anal about matching grain/color for those items. I'm not familiar with the other brand you mention.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cliq Studios are apparently made in China (but assembled in the U.S.).

I installed a kitchen full of Cliq cabinets a few weeks ago. They are well made and look great. a few small quality issues but for the price i would recommend them. The doors were very well put together. The boxes are all ply and dadoed, glued and stapled. We had one that the faceframe was attached wonky and they are replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post
    I installed a kitchen full of Cliq cabinets a few weeks ago. They are well made and look great. a few small quality issues but for the price i would recommend them. The doors were very well put together. The boxes are all ply and dadoed, glued and stapled. We had one that the faceframe was attached wonky and they are replacing it.
    What are the drawer slides? The web site has no detail on them. Are they undermount? Are they Blum, like the hinges?

blum undermount. with the big orange handle things. The ones i installed were all soft/self.

Cliqstudios looks pretty nice. I will definitely have them quote me on my kitchen remodel. Those are cabinets I will not build!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Cliqstudios looks pretty nice. I will definitely have them quote me on my kitchen remodel. Those are cabinets I will not build!
    The cabinets do look okay, but it appears Cliq doesn't do a clear finish. Y'know, just pretty wood without any added color. That'd be a showstopper for me.

The devil is always in the details but I'll keep them on my list to check into more carefully when the time comes.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I was skeptical of Cabinetstogo.com but I visited their store near Washington DC. Their selection of finishes is limited, but for knock down cabinets they were pretty well made and the price was good.

I can recommend conestoga cabinets available through cabinet authority. They have the widest selection of materials, styles and options I've seen. That has been very handy a couple of times when I've needed to infill a cabinet due to appliance change or the like. In those cases, I've ordered them unfinished and matched the existing cabinets on site.

Not sure how prices compare but worth a look.

When you say clear finish are you talking about a finish at the end like a poly? How will that affect the durability of the finish? These are cabinets I am hanging in my kitchen and I want to get it right. Thanks to all for the reply's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    The cabinets do look okay, but it appears Cliq doesn't do a clear finish. Y'know, just pretty wood without any added color. That'd be a showstopper for me.