Thread: Mini Barn Door Hardware needed

Mini Barn Door Hardware needed

I have done some searching around for a good source for mini barn door hardware for a tv cabinet. I have found some for 2-300 dollars, but was hoping someone had source with better pricing. Thank you in advance.

Eric

You aren't looking in the right place then - or are being very particular about the style/finish. There are plenty of options in the low $100.00 and less.
    What are the weight and size restrictions and style you are intending? Can you post a photo or give us some more info?
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Have a look at McMaster Carr

Do you really need hardware that specifcally looks like barn door hardware, but smaller? Or are you looking for hardware to make sliding doors for, say, a cabinet? That's a different kettle of fish.

I need hardware for a cabinet, that is the mini version of the barn door hardware. I have an entertainment center with dual doors that I am quoting. I am on my iPhone and can't see where to add a picture of what I'm talking about. Any help would is appreciated, either with posting a pic or a source for hardware. The hardware for a full size door is too big.

Check out this link - https://www.google.com/search?q=Mini...&bih=710&dpr=2

and this link - https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-.../hi/9628854011

Some of these will require that you shorten the track and maybe some other slight alterations but they are in your price range.
    Last edited by Sam Murdoch; 04-19-2017 at 7:46 AM.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Read somewhere about a guy who built his own sliding door hardware. I don't remember the exact specifications but best I recall he used simple flat bar for the rail (1/4" x?) and some thinner flat bar for the hangers (1/8" x?). He bent the "hangers" himself into a J shape. For the rollers he got cheap, hardware store pulleys - they come in a variety of diameters - dismantled them and used a bolt for an axle thru the J of the hanger strap. Don't remember what was used to space the "track" away from the wall but some choices might be wood (matching species to your build) PVC pipe, iron pipe, copper pipe, flat washers. Could use a carriage bolt thru the track and spacer for clean look. A little black (or other color?) paint and you're good to go. Just guessing, I'd think all the components could be had for $30-$50ish.