Thread: Is Chris Schwarz connected with Highland Woodworking?

Millersburg (Holmes County - Amish Country) Ohio

Is Chris Schwarz connected with Highland Woodworking?

Does anyone know if this is true?

I just got an email from Highland Woodworking that was entitled:
    Chris Schwarz's Thoughts On His SawStop Purchase

then it appears to be nothing but an add for HW

Did Chris really buy a Sawstop? Seems unlikely to me.

I feel this is clickbait on HW part and I'm about ready to let them know, I don't appreciate such nonsense. But before I did I wanted to know if this was true or what?

I don't know about any affiliation but he did buy a SawStop.
    War Eagle!

I believe CS has a Sawstop-there is a Youtube video of his workshop and IIRC he has a Sawstop and a Northfield Jointer. As a general rule, he buys all of his own tools and does not accept freebies so his reviews are theoretically more "unbiased"

There is too much Hype both ways IMHO about the Sawstop-A really fine piece of equipment, but not the only sane and rational choice for cutting wood safely.

I doubt very seriously is he taking any paid money to advertise for a product.

Well, if you read the article, CS answers those questions. Why not read a bit before engaging in speculation and jumping to conclusions?
    Knowledge is a precious thing, and not all that hard to obtain if one is willing to look.

Millersburg (Holmes County - Amish Country) Ohio
    Very good you are correct. I am wrong I missed it completely.

Last edited by Ray Newman; 04-19-2017 at 1:40 PM.

I just received an email from our wood club president. Apparently Chris is selling his Saw Stop of 33 months. Here is a link to the article - https://blog.lostartpress.com/2016/0...ith-a-sawstop/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post

I didnt know Christopher Schwarz was a Karmann Ghia guy like myself. (Second link) I like him even more now.

"I just received an email from our wood club president. Apparently Chris is selling his Saw Stop of 33 months. Here is a link to the article - https://blog.lostartpress.com/2016/0...ith-a-sawstop/ "

--Alan Gardela

Maybe be I missed it, but I did not see anything in the article that you linked about Schwarz selling his SawStop. Can you point it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    "I just received an email from our wood club president. Apparently Chris is selling his Saw Stop of 33 months. Here is a link to the article - https://blog.lostartpress.com/2016/0...ith-a-sawstop/ "

--Alan Gardela

Maybe be I missed it, but I did not see anything in the article that you linked about Schwarz selling his SawStop. Can you point it out?
    And that blog post is a full year old...

John L.: II realize the linked article is about a year old. The poster said he received an email and said that apparently Schwarz is selling a SawStop and linked to that article. I was looking for information as to how he or his wood club president knows knows this as the linked article does not mention about selling the saw.

Now maybe the poster or the club president has some other information or the posted mistakenly cited the link??
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 04-19-2017 at 7:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    And that blog post is a full year old...
    Yes, it is, but it is also the same post that today's HW email links to . . . . .

Chris Schwarz is a local resident here in Cincinnati area and have been able to talk to him in person a few times at woodworking events.
    I remember talking to him once about the Sawstop but did not realize he owned one. Think he is mostly focus on hand tool woodworking now.

Funny I just noticed you are from Holmes County Ohio. I was just getting ready to book my yearly trip there.
    Any good places to rust hunt you like to share?
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale