Thread: Stanley handplane Made in Brazil

Stanley handplane Made in Brazil

Have any of you ran across one of these? I'm not finding much info about them. I'm down in Brazil so that's why I came across it. I'll try and get some pics here later. Not sure what size it is but it's a joining plane I think... maybe a #8?
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

No. 8 would be 24 inches (roughly 6 centimeters) long. No, haven't heard about that, but Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    No. 8 would be 24 inches (roughly 6 centimeters) long. No, haven't heard about that, but Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.
    Might want to move your decimal

60 centimeters

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    (...)Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.
    Speaking of planes, in Europe the Stanley you find is made in England, then I own some Canadian bench models and few specific models from the original country...I read about some Australian made Stanley as well (which I never saw in Europe)...Is there more to that now?
    Last edited by Axel de Pugey; 04-20-2017 at 10:20 PM.

I went and did a little more looking and found a couple of the other planes and a square that were Stanley/Brazil. Took a few pics of them. So the big one was a #7 but there was also a #4, and a #220.
    Sorry for the poor photos... my phone front facing camera died and so I'm stuck taking selfies until I get back to the States....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last