Thread: Anyone recognize these drawer slides

Anyone recognize these drawer slides

There is a guy local who has lots of these drawer slides for sale. Many different sizes. I have used the white epoxy coated slides before and can identify the 2 pieces that make up that type of slide. I cant figure out how these slides go together. Does anyone recognize the type or brand of these slides and an example of the corresponding mating piece?

I have looked through images online but cant find these. He does not know anything about them and these types of slides are scattered all around the old cabinet shop he inherited.

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I have some of those on a rolling work table/drawer unit I built back in 2002; got 'em at Home Depot. They are crude, rickety and have a ton of slop. They are, however, still in use after all this time. They remind me of my Harbor Freight recip-saw. Every time I use it I expect it to self destruct but, it just keeps on going. Fine for shop cabinets but, I would never put them on anything that I was going to sell a customer.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I think you just have the cabinet side of those slides. The piece that attaches to the drawer box is not shown.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Those look like slides we were using on kitchen cabinets back in the 80's.

I would not use them now.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Yes, those are 1980s builder grade cabinet slides. You have just the part for the cabinet side and not the drawer side.

Thanks. The consensus seems to be they are crappy. Maybe I better pass on buying any.

This is a knock off of the old KV 1300 slide(which is still made today). Grant was one company that made these. They are much lighter weight (maybe Alu) than the KV. I'll go against the grain and say this is the drawer component. The cabinet component usually has a flip stop mechanism.

Tony

GrantSlide.pngGrant Slide drawer component
    GrantSlideCab.pngCabinet component
    Last edited by Tony Joyce; 04-22-2017 at 4:36 PM. Reason: Pic
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Winterrowd View Post
    Thanks. The consensus seems to be they are crappy. Maybe I better pass on buying any.
    I wouldn't call something like that crappy. Those exact same slides my father installed in the kitchen he built for his house over 45 years ago and they were still working perfectly when we sold the house back in 2013. I have them on some of my cabinets in my shop and think they are more reliable than some of the full extension slides sold today.

They are perfectly functional but only three quarter extension. Now everyone wants full extension or 1" over extension slides.