Thread: Pride of India Tree Bowl

Pride of India Tree Bowl

Just finished it. Included a rounded inside bottom for John Keeton.

Got some free wood from a friend and managed to cut a few small pieces from it. It's green so I'm hoping I can get this dry without cracking. Am going to try the paper bag method and will apply some wax finish to the end grain while it dries.

Nice shape. Wood looks similar to China Berry that we have around here. Hope you can keep the contrast of light sap wood and darker main wood. The little bark area also adds- shows you used all you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Canfield View Post
    Nice shape. Wood looks similar to China Berry that we have around here. Hope you can keep the contrast of light sap wood and darker main wood. The little bark area also adds- shows you used all you could.
    Thanks. I think China berry is the same thing just different name. When I looked into this wood after getting it, the Internet lists about 10 possible names for it. LOL.

I went ahead and superglued the outside to keep the bark from coming off and to prevent some areas that looked like they may be split or crack problems. Put it to bed in a paper bag and will keep an eye on it.