Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone sign projects they have made?

Anyone sign projects they have made?

Does anyone sign the projects they make? Such as:

Crafted by:

Date:

Wood species:

Finish:

If so how do you do it? I am thinking so prepare it on a 3 x 5 card and attach it with sheet laminating film, will it adhere to the poly finish and stay laminated to it?

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Nope not me.
    No one wants to pay for my signature and they are not getting it for free.
    plus I can recognize my work so no need to write my name on it like my mom did with my jackets.
    Aj

I use a branding iron that has my name on it. Some I have dated, some not. All my items were made for family. I woodwork for fun, not profit so my reason for branding is simply for family history.

I just got a branding iron with my name. In the past, I signed my work with a felt tip pen.

Just name and date.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I have a branding iron with my name on it and I also embed a penny of the current year on the back or out of sight area next to the brand. Everyone that gets something I have made really like the idea of the penny.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I sign and date with a felt pen.

I have some laser engraved 1.25" dia. wood discs which I sign, date and sink in a fbh on back, bottom, or inside of project. Disc has name and logo.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

I'm not big into self-promotion. I try to stay low-key. I will sign work if the person it's for asks me to but that's about it.

I only sign pieces made for my family. Built a chest for a baby nephew coming soon, signed the back of a drawer and dated with a sharpie.

I have an electric "wood burning" iron stamp I use to mark projects. I should also date, them but usually forget...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I always sign and date with a felt tip pen. I'm proud of my work.

Every piece.

Started signing after being strongly encouraged by a couple of recipient relatives. Now have branding iron. I have not sold any pieces, though.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I have added my name and date with a Sharpie marking pen on some, but don't sign most. I frequently leave DNA in the form of a small blood stain on many though.
    Does this count? I sand off any that show, but usually leave the ones on the back or inside. I bleed easy, so the tiniest splinter is all that it takes.

Charley

i use lots of exotics - especially with the marquetry projects - have always just used an avery shipping label with logo - listing of woods, signature and date. usually stuck on the bottom of a drawer or bottom of a box.
    haven't heard of any peeling off.
    jerry
    jerry