Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Van huskey. Delta. 28-653

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beagle View Post
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I just have wanted a big bandsaw like this for awhile. I also have a minimax for more intricate stuff. But I wanna use this monster for bowl blanks and such. The price is really good. (600.00)
    Nice price, I like that particular generation of Delta saw quite well...enjoy!

Well. I just got home. It's an awesome machine. Talk about well built. This thing is a tank. Everything is super heavy duty. I'm very impressed with it. Single phase too. I paid for it. Just gotta pick it up now. Will get pics.

Single phase is unusual for that saw, good for you. Mine is three phase. Does it have the original black tires?

I may be wrong, I often am, but I would think a metal cutting BS would be heaver then a wood only saw. I thought metal cutting blades require more tension hence a stronger/heavier frame. As metal work is heavier you need more ballast so it does not tip over when cutting long pieces.
    Bil lD

No. It has new tires. There red. I'm wondering about that myself.

No. It has new tires. There red. I'm wondering about that myself.
    They may need an upgrade....keep us posted, curious how this saw fits into your shop and how you put it to use.

The problem with the Carter tires is that all the blades are now too large. I run the adjustment up until the wheel hits the frame and the blades are still not tight enough. I'm sure I can figure out a way around it, but I should not have to. If I order a fuel pump for a Chevy, I don't expect a Dodge part.

My tires are blue, so when you get it let me know how thick the red tires are, thanks.

One thing I want to change on mine is the tension wheel itself. Its too small and has no handle. I need find a larger one on Ebay and bush it to fit. You will see what I mean shortly.
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 04-25-2017 at 3:33 PM.

Larry. I would like to talk more about that with you. I have a feeling this saw has junk tires on it. This thing is literally a tank, I have no issue dumping some cash in it to make it perfect. I just can't believe how well this is made.

Plus. Every piece of steel on it is 1/8" plate. I can't get over the structure of it. I met a guy on the OWWM site with the same saw too. He resaws w it.

Plus. Every piece of steel on it is 1/8" plate. I can't get over the structure of it. I met a guy on the OWWM site with the same saw too. He resaws w it.

They resaw really, really well.