Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festool 30 day return

Festool 30 day return

I have decided to return a Festool within the 30 day period (only a few days left) and I have looked everywhere on their website for instructions on how to do this but can not find anything. Has anyone done this? What is the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    I have decided to return a Festool within the 30 day period (only a few days left) and I have looked everywhere on their website for instructions on how to do this but can not find anything. Has anyone done this? What is the process?
    You just take it back to the place you got it from. If you ordered online, you will probably be out the return shipping, but that's dealer-specific.

Yes I ordered online from Tool Nut

I found it. Finally.

If you have any problems, call them or go onto the FOG and PM Shane Holland.

Thanks. I filled out the form online and got a message back that I am waiting for approval. Probably get it first thing tomorrow.

Dave, any chance you'd tell us about why you're returning it? I haven't drank the green cool aid, but their stuff seems to have a pretty solid following.

Fred

Sure. I participated in the Pro 5 sander offer last fall and received it recently along with a $50 coupon toward another Festool power tool. I decided to spend it on a Carvex jigsaw. I also bought the accessory kit with all the different bases and the circle cutter.
    It was not an easy decision to return it. I used it just playing around and I used it in a few real world situations on my current project. It performed ok but certainly no better than my Bosch. I expected to be wowed and I wasn't wowed. Given the exorbitant cost and mediocre impression, I decided to return it.
    I will use my coupon on something else, probably on another sander.

Pretty sure your voucher goes bye-bye when you return the tool......

They ain't going to give you money for nothing........

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Sure. I participated in the Pro 5 sander offer last fall and received it recently along with a $50 coupon toward another Festool power tool. I decided to spend it on a Carvex jigsaw. I also bought the accessory kit with all the different bases and the circle cutter.
    It was not an easy decision to return it. I used it just playing around and I used it in a few real world situations on my current project. It performed ok but certainly no better than my Bosch. I expected to be wowed and I wasn't wowed. Given the exorbitant cost and mediocre impression, I decided to return it.
    I will use my coupon on something else, probably on another sander.
    Thanks Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Labadie View Post
    Pretty sure your voucher goes bye-bye when you return the tool......

They ain't going to give you money for nothing........

Ed
    I bought this before the price increase which was a couple days before I received my sander with the coupon. I paid full price for this Carvex and would have used the coupon retroactively had I decided to keep it. So I still have it.

Thanks Dave, I have a Bosch and was contemplating a Carvex. Really have no complaints with the Bosch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Dave, any chance you'd tell us about why you're returning it? I haven't drank the green cool aid, but their stuff seems to have a pretty solid following.

Fred
    There are other reasons to go down the Festool road. Having a tool "system" can add benefits that outweigh a specific tool that maybe Festool doesn't do as well as someone else. I do something similar with routers. I have a grip of Milwaukees. The motors and bodies interchange so my flexibility goes up in how I use them. If I needed another router I would just grab another Mil; for how I am setup it makes more sense than a different tool that may have a cooler feature.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I took a few big slugs of the kool aid over the past few years and have to say I share your assessment of their jigsaws. Definitely nothing special about them, and certainly not worth the cost imo. That said, I still have mine I don't use one often and I'm just too lazy to replace it.

What I particularly don't like is that it's damn near impossible to see the blade. Personally I'd think it would be kind of important to see where you're cutting. Mine is the older trion barrel grip.

With the Carvex they have introduced a silly strobe light (just because they can) that flashes in time to the blade stroke so the blade appears to not be moving. Funny but I never once in 45 years ever wished my jigsaw would do that. I just need to see the line. That's accomplished by either blowing away the chips or sucking them up.

I tried really hard to justify the purchase but with my 30 day deadline approaching I had to make a decision and now that money will go towards things that WILL actually improve my work. I shipped it out today.