Thread: Ever wonder how sausage is made? How and where my laser was built

Ever wonder how sausage is made? How and where my laser was built

Good Morning Guys,

They always say, to never see how sausage is made, or you'll never eat it again...

Well I got to see how its done and I must say, these guys do a great job!

First, the company is not huge... They manufacture about 20 machines a month.

Below are some pics of the factory floor ( small ) and the build progress of my machine.

Do you see anything I should be worried about? Let me know as they will not ship until I approve the build.

I did not want a honey comb table, as I have my own.

The system does feature some unique options which I did not ask or pay any extra for:

Pass through door at the rear and an auto focus system. ( I thought that was a nice touch)

The sales/after sales Lady, Nancy Jing, is really nice about sending me pics and asking me questions.

Shandong Chuangya Laser Equipment Co., Ltd.

IMG-20170411-WA0000.jpgIMG-20170417-WA0000.jpgIMG-20170417-WA0001.jpgIMG-20170417-WA0002.jpgIMG-20170421-WA0000.jpgIMG-20170421-WA0001.jpgIMG-20170421-WA0002.jpgIMG-20170421-WA00011.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-25-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Kehui 100w 900x600 with adjustable z axis table,
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

English version RdWorks V8.01.28, ( newest version )
    Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

30w Fiber Laser with Raycus power source
    rotary and other fun toys I know nothing about yet...lol

3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

Interesting.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Interesting to see. Maybe Rodney or one of the other guys who have visited some of the factories can shed more light on this, but it seems like this company (if the photos truly show the extent of their capabilities) is simply assembling parts from other manufacturers? I certainly don't see any machines for casting metal, painting parts, welding or bending covers, etc etc. All of which I've seen numerous times in pictures of other Chinese factories.

I wonder if this type of middleman "production" has become common place their now as well? Or if this is just a small snapshot of a much larger facility that company has.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Downing View Post
    Interesting to see. Maybe Rodney or one of the other guys who have visited some of the factories can shed more light on this, but it seems like this company (if the photos truly show the extent of their capabilities) is simply assembling parts from other manufacturers? I certainly don't see any machines for casting metal, painting parts, welding or bending covers, etc etc. All of which I've seen numerous times in pictures of other Chinese factories.

I wonder if this type of middleman "production" has become common place their now as well? Or if this is just a small snapshot of a much larger facility that company has.
    I would say " without a doubt" theres probably 2 or 3 real laser companies in China, and the rest are assemblers. Weike, & Hans Laser
    seem to be manufacturers.
    355 - 10400 : )

I think this is what a lot of them do. Based on the fact that I had to wait 3 days for Ray Fine to order and receive the desktop for my laser, I am pretty sure that is what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Downing View Post

Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

Noted:From the pics, you only get to see the small assembly area. The company does have a small manufacturing side also, but since most machines are "stock items" these days, the only thing that was custom on my machine was the color.... it had to be sent to a paint shop. From the picture, its hard to tell that the red is a metalic mix that , matches my Jeep...

For larger custom machines, they have a manufacturing side, but they still rely on other companies for their components, just like any good company...

Not every company needs to cast their own metal or machine their own parts. Not even Toyota casts their own parts, they have them shipped in from a company that specializes in only that one thing.

Other than the fact that you don't see a smelter in the background or casting machines making the machine parts or a bending press bending the body parts, or the paint shop that does custom colors upon request?
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

Blog Entries
    I expect that it is a combination of all of the above. STD parts like tube, power supply , and controller along with motors and precision parts like rails are all ordered​ from major manufacturers. Sheet metal and frames are built by the named company if they are any size, or ordered​ by smaller builders. Then they assemble. Nothing different than anywhere else except that a lot of different builders and they mostly look very similar. Copies of copies of copies. You have to understand a patent or copyright is a totally foreign concept to the Chinese. And why change if it works? Same business model for the all. In some of my conversations with Blanca, I suggested providing information that was required by US customs should be sent before we requested and would keep delays down for the customer. Send like novel concept to them...... I saw a lot of similarities in manufacturing in Indonesia a decade ago. I'll bet nothing has changed there either!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter Swart View Post
    Noted:From the pics, you only get to see the small assembly area. The company does have a small manufacturing side also, but since most machines are "stock items" these days, the only thing that was custom on my machine was the color.... it had to be sent to a paint shop. From the picture, its hard to tell that the red is a metalic mix that , matches my Jeep...

For larger custom machines, they have a manufacturing side, but they still rely on other companies for their components, just like any good company...

Not every company needs to cast their own metal or machine their own parts. Not even Toyota casts their own parts, they have them shipped in from a company that specializes in only that one thing.

Other than the fact that you don't see a smelter in the background or casting machines making the machine parts or a bending press bending the body parts, or the paint shop that does custom colors upon request?

While there's certainly nothing wrong with the idea of having components outsourced; I do think it is a bit different to compare 20 guys assembling laser parts in China to Toyota. LOL

The main question is, will the company's "product line" be consistent and reliable? Or will ordering the same machine with the same specifications 12 months later yield a totally different result?
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I had two Bodors [exactly the same machines] ordered two weeks apart, they were... similar. Gene

The in-situ drilling of parts to make them fit would worry me considerably. It means the parts are not accurate enough to be machine made then assembled.

That particular company are assemblers not manufacturers, there are very few full manufacturers in china and even those use many off the shelf parts. None of the current manufacturers over there make their own electronics, the electrical side of the machines comes from 1 of 4 makers.
    You did what !

Ok, sanity check/rant. How much extra would any of us be willing to pay for the exact machine made in our own countries? 10% 20%... There is a lot to be said for the way something is made rather then how it is made. Most of us take for granted, ISO standards, keizen, tech support, craftsmanship, etc. But have trouble placing a monetary value on those.

Having made several lasers and routers for my personal use, I find it easy to add quality/value through building with organization and pride. Other then that, my methodology is probably not much different then Shandong's. ie off the shelf parts, assembled into my unique design.

IMG-20170427-WA0009.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0013.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0014.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0015.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0016.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0017.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0018.jpgIMG-20170427-WA0019.jpg

So the machine is done...

They through in some more extras which weren't paid for...

a proper silent operation air compressor as shown in the picture
    a water chiller.. (this I paid for)
    an extra honey comb table top
    air filter/dryer
    and a nice touch was a wifi controller module, allowing me to send files wirelessly with a 128Mb on-board storage...
    They also included an extra safety feature... I can't run the machine remotely after sending the file.. I have to be in the room...

All and all, I am impressed and happy.

Thanks for weighing in guys, its always appreciated!!
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8