Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly G0623x Sliding Table Parallelism Adjustment Frustrations

Hi, I have 623X's little brother, the G0700. My process for tuning the slider is a lot like Craig's, and I do use a Master Plate because it gives me a full 10" of flatness to run the dial indicator over.

1. Get the slider even with the cast iron top.
    2. Clamp the dial indicator in about the middle of the table.
    3. With the bottom four nuts loosened (the ones that go against the lock washers) futz with the two parallel adjustment screws until the slider is parallel.

If anyone is experiencing a lot of movement when they tighten those four bottom nuts perhaps the lock washers are installed on the top side? I've only seen the slider move up/down when I over-tighten the bottom nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by David M Peters View Post
    Hi, I have 623X's little brother, the G0700. My process for tuning the slider is a lot like Craig's, and I do use a Master Plate because it gives me a full 10" of flatness to run the dial indicator over.
    By master plate, do you mean you have some kind of flat plate that you install on the TS in place of the blade? That would be cool. I ran my indicator over the 10" width of the blade and it stayed right on the zeroed out indicator mark. I also double checked by using the same exact tooth edge and rotated the blade and measured it in front and rear. But there no doubt are blade intolerances that could cause a miscalculation. I have to admit I would be a little ticked off if I found my ridiculously expensive Freud Premiere Fusion blade out of wack. I am glad it wasn't.

PS. I dint even know there was a little brother. I thought I got the smallest and cheapest of the slider line.
    Last edited by Craig Shewmake; 04-28-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Well,

I did get it completed, having to be be patient, slow and methodical with the leveling and parallelism adjustments. I set the sliding table about .001-.003 above the cast iron table. And then got the parallelism to .002 across the length of the blade. Its cutting much better now. I am happier. I think I am putting a Tenryu Gold Medal blade on it soon though. Thanks to everyone for your help.
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ring View Post
    Well,

I did get it completed, having to be be patient, slow and methodical with the leveling and parallelism adjustments. I set the sliding table about .001-.003 above the cast iron table. And then got the parallelism to .002 across the length of the blade. Its cutting much better now. I am happier. I think I am putting a Tenryu Gold Medal blade on it soon though. Thanks to everyone for your help.
    Glad to hear its worked out for you. It truly is a test of patience.

I have a Freud Premiere Fusion combo blade on mine and couldn't be happier. Cuts like butter. Once you have the saw configured correctly its a joy to use.